Term: Initial term 3 months (1st June - 31st August)
Compensation: Internship is unpaid
Startup Internship Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing HealthTech startup. You will be working directly with and trained by the CEO & Digital Content Lead, and have direct involvement with staff members from the Content, Marketing and Product teams.
Plate Up is a pre-seed startup at the intersection of FoodTech & HealthTech which allows users to find and purchase recipes and their ingredients directly with leading UK supermarkets. The app combines an integrated network of supermarket retailers, IoT calorie tracking, an extensive nutritional database, predictive analytics and culinary expertise to make meal delivery possible and affordable for all dietary goals and health needs.
In this cross-functional role, you’ll learn a lot and will have the chance to try new things on many different channels. In this role, optimization instincts, language skills, product savvy, and an analytical mindset are key to generating the exceptional content at the heart of the company.
The internship will be tailored to your strengths and areas of interest. Your opportunities and responsibilities will include:
- Identify content opportunities and partnerships with chefs, nutritionists, restaurants and content owners/aggregators (i.e. publishers)
- Ensuring content meets quality standards laid out in the company guidelines
- Ownership of the Digital Platform for created for Chefs to upload their meals and menus
- Develop and document content acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management
- Work with other teams to present content to our members, be the strongest internal voice of our customers
- Drive continuous improvement in all operational aspects of Plate Up’s relationship with its content suppliers
What we offer:
- A voice – you'll be part of a team that will value your input
- An agile, positive working environment
- The chance to have a serious impact on the health of Britain, and potentially globally during an exciting rapid growth phase
- Direct, high impact on our future content setup from day one
- A vibrant, fast-paced environment
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career
- Training, support, and professional development
Candidates must have:
- Strong academics; 2.1 or above from a leading University
- Highly-motivated, energetic, intelligent team player that wants to work hard and make a difference
- A people person, with strong written and verbal communication skills
Who you are?
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Entrepreneurial and can make things happen
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and limited direction
About Plate Up
Our mission is what drives us to improve the nation’s health. We do this by allowing our members to order the ingredients for healthy meals from top chefs and nutritionists, specifically tailored to our members’ goals and dietary preferences. And the ingredients for the selected meals will be sent directly to the member’s house via their supermarket of choice.
Expect motivated, ambitious, and committed co-workers.
Role will be remote due to current circumstances but necessary software will be provided.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV & covering letter.