RAISINI, a 21 Year old global Creative, Entertainment & Marketing Agency and Dubai's 1st House Record Label and a Music Publishing Company, is launching a Lifestyle Membership SuperApp 'Havn' [Heaven] disrupting the Lifestyle industry, and make life a lot easier for individuals and the Hospitality industry, saving them TIME & MONEY while offering experiences that create unforgettable memories.
We are looking for a proactive and ambitious Head of Finance to join the team here at Havn, who has previous experience in startups and fundraising with connections to VC's.
The current team consist of 25 Super Heroes from around the world (13 countries) and we are just getting started!
What Does Success Look Like In This Role:
Raise Capital, Recap, or Sell
As the CFO of a startup, you must be able to look into the future and make changes on the fly, knowing that the company may need to raise money or recap the company, to grow. The CFO needs to be prepared to execute all three — a recap, capital raise, or sale — at a moment’s notice. If you’re operating with these events in mind, you’re going to have well-managed financials and an eye on the health and future of the business.
You want to ensure that our financial and operational metrics are in alignment. Investors want to mitigate risk when they’re making a large investment. Anyone considering investing in or attempting to purchase your company is going to want to see the big picture and hear the company’s full story. In addition to learning about the organization’s finances and operations, they’ll want accurate insight into performance trends over time.
Understand where deficiencies and opportunities exist. Know the drivers behind our company’s growth, you can develop and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for marketing, customer success, and sales.
Understanding the market or markets the organization competes in is critical for uncovering new opportunities. As the CFO, you must find these market gaps and move the company forward.
As the CFO, you will bridge that gap through analyzing the risks and opportunities and helping execute the resulting strategy.
Invest in Audits
As a startup, we may not be able to afford an audit. You will work with a third party at least review our financials to validate them to give the organization greater market credibility and will help accelerate the process of a capital raise, recap, or acquisition.
Substantiate the Story
Once we have audited financials, we then can craft a legitimate business model and pro-forma forecast that can be substantiated through the audit and beyond. You will craft our story based on what we actually believe the company can do, or better yet, provide proof of what it’s already doing.
Other responsibilities include:
- Execute the financial strategy of the company
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
- Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company
- Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- Support the CEO with the preparation of monthly and annual financial plans
- Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and client payments
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation as required
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures
- Partner with our founders, management team, the board, and investors on both financial and business issues related
- Establish a solid financial foundation and forecast using appropriate systems that will allow the business to scale effectively globally
- Analysis, review, and reporting of financial data and financial performance
- Manage financial planning, financial operations, budgeting, compliance, and expenditures
- Review and manage our accurate forecasting, minimize unnecessary spend, review pricing strategies, review sales compensation plan, and improve processes for sustainable and efficient growth
- Regularly review and analyse our ROI in all areas of the business
- Partner with all internal stakeholders to finalize annual capital allocation plans • Have a strong grasp of our technical platform and different roles within the organization • Administer our Series B fundraise • Be the right hand and finance oriented business partner to our CEO and COO for strategic decisions
- Multiple-years’ experience of senior strategic finance within a high growth organization (ideally a Head of Finance or CFO at a high growth SaaS business)/B2C business, ideally from start-up stage
- A Bachelors or Masters degree
- Previous involvement in a fundraise OR exposure working with VC's or Private Equity investors is essential
- Experience being a key member of a Senior Management Team with success providing input to the CEO, Board, and peers.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to be a leader and a 'doer'
- Commercial and strategic mind-set coupled with the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas in lament terms (to everyone regardless of their finance knowledge)
- Ability to see the 'big picture' and be forward thinking in relation to growth, budgets, capital allocation, and future fundraises
- Proven ability to develop and implement systems, told, and processes to increase business clarity
- Experience putting together processes for cash management, financial control, processes & risk management
- Extensive experience with software revenue recognition, metrics, and best practices
- Must be commercially savvy, entrepreneurial, highly intellectual, proactive, and have strong listening skills
- Confident presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Prior experience with a company that has had a trigger event (being purchased or going public) is an asset
- Fluency in both English and native speaking in one additional language is required
- Previous relevant experience in a tech company
- A strategic mind with previous experience in PR/Communications
- Excellent time management and strong attention to detail
- A growth mindset. You think and act like an entrepreneur: you are scrappy and goal driven, you are able to work independently and are resourceful.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Professionalism and confidentiality
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for Havn and the mission of the company
Why Join RAISINI.Com
- You will be part of a company that will disrupt an entire industry
- We provide a fun and entrepreneurial working environment within an exciting high-growth startup business, where you can use your talent to make a real difference.
- This is a rare opportunity to build a truly global product from the ground up, and join early a startup that will soon be a growing business of exceptional engineers working on the latest technologies.
- You will gain first-hand experience in building an AI-powered mobile application and delivering it to the end users.
- You will work side-by-side with the CEO/Founder who might take you out surfing or partying in St. Tropez from time to time.
- After funding, we will be offering a very competitive remuneration package, flexible hours, generous holiday allowance, regular social events and many other perks we continue adding as the company grows.
*This is an unpaid role until we are funded and launched this summer. You will be offered 'sweat equity' & a bonus for time invested after our first funding round. We offer you shares to be a shareholder in the company to be extra motivated in the project and become a part of the family.
You must understand and decide whether this would be the right set up for you.
Havn receives 100s of CVs every day, so if you haven’t heard back from us within 28 days, sadly your application perhaps hasn’t been successful at this time. Keep an eye on future roles with Havn, as we are always looking to hire fresh talent as we continue to grow.