Ever wondered how skyscrapers like The Shard get built? It takes a heroic effort across a huge team of designers, builders, and managers to name a few. But we know that the process isn’t ideal - 69% of projects run more than 10% over budget and 75% are completed significantly late. Disperse is overcoming these challenges by putting digital tools in the hands of the construction industry. We use AI and computer vision to revolutionise the way buildings are built around the world.
Over the past year, our four offices (London (HQ), New York, Sarajevo, and Yerevan) have joined forces to build a product and service that our customers love. Having just raised a Series A funding round, we’re kickstarting a new stage of global growth and are looking to build a team to help drive the next phase of our journey.
Come join Disperse -- a creative, conscientious, and proudly diverse community of AI researchers, software engineers, architects, and designers dedicated to helping build the skylines of tomorrow!
The role we're looking to fill is VP Finance, and someone to build out our finance capability and to provide financial leadership and advisory on strategic company decisions as we set out on international expansion and for Series B.
As VP Finance, you will be acting as part of the leadership team to model out and forecast business scenarios, build and track performance metrics, price and evaluate new opportunities, and manage our accounting responsibilities and budgets. Analytical and hands-on, you're a problem-solver at heart and always on the look-out for business opportunities and process improvements. An avid team player, you work to make others around you better as you position yourself to support the strategic and financial planning processes of our global teams.
- Define and track critical success metrics; identify key opportunities and challenges and collaborate with the business to address them
- Develop and manage our accounting and reporting processes, and oversee our responsibilities with month-end and quarter-end closes
- Drive the development and management of our financial modelling and forecasting; manage and track the budgets and performance of assigned P&L accounts
- Model out business scenarios for initiatives and opportunities, including these for financial planning
- Run regular in-depth analysis on our financials to gain key insights and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of our records
- Find and drive process improvement opportunities across each of our global teams and process areas
- Work closely with the leadership team on strategy, roadmap and targets for the business, and advise on hiring, market opportunities and prioritisation decisions
- Liaise with our investors, vendors and business partners on investment round collateral, key financial deliverables and other ad hoc requests