Trade Ledger are not your average company, we’re at the forefront of a revolution in our sector and we’re on the cusp of exploding onto the global software scene but we can’t do this without a rockstar Head of Global Development to develop and scale our global engineering team.
Our Mission and Achievements
Trade Ledger is the world’s first business lending platform that transforms digital data from business supply chains in real time, allowing banks to assess and regularly update credit and default risk of businesses they lend to. We are a high growth fintech who simplify and automate complex banking services globally.
Our mission is to make commerce simple, by enabling banks and other lenders to address the underserved £1.2 Trillion corporate credit market opportunity. We do this by reimagining credit in a digital world and connecting company supply chain digital data to the financial service provider.
Diverse and open team culture is our differentiator. Bring your authentic self and we make great things together. With offices in London and Sydney we have a strong team focus. We work hard but we enjoy what we do. We actively invest in continuous professional development because we know our people are critical to our success. We are building a leading global software company and we can’t do this without also building one of the world’s best software teams.
We are looking for a Head of Global Engineering to lead and scale our talented and diverse engineering team across existing, and new global markets. You will be accountable for the on time and to quality delivery of software development projects following the agile principles.
Your tasks include:
- Develop and deliver a strategic technological vision and direction for Trade Ledger
- Lead, manage and expand an international software team across London and Sydney and other potential locations in the future
- Work effectively with Product Managers and Product Owners to meet current and future user needs and ensure delivery against agreed priorities
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development and IT infrastructure as well as the engineering team
- Implement a framework to monitor, manage and provide transparency on the progress on all software development activities
- Define and maintain the IT technology strategy and infrastructure plan in collaboration with our Head of Infrastructure and Head of Architecture
- Identifying and implementing technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization
- Establish clear organisational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountabilities and personal development for all Software Development staff in line with any anticipated growth
To be a successful Head of Global Software Engineering at Trade Ledger, you have exceptional leadership skills including at least 5 years of management experience and come from a software engineering background with extensive experience in event-driven and microservice based systems.
As a well-practiced people manager you have extensive experience of setting goals, managing performance, and motivating teams and individuals to deliver high quality outcomes. You are passionate about improving the software engineering team and making each member work slightly better every day.
We are looking for:
- Proven track record of building and shaping international teams from scratch, bringing new capabilities into an organisation
- Experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes, and a keen interest in international trends in engineering
- Experience of supervising a number of functional teams, across different global markets and operating in different software domains