Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started!
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Operational Systems team as Solution Architect!
This role is a senior role which is critical to our business and is key to creating a world class supply technology platform, enabling the scaling of our business and delivering on our huge ambitions.
As a Solution Architect you will:
- Shape the vision and solutions of our technology platform to support the growth ambitions of Gousto
- Using your technical and supply chain process expertise help solve complex business problems
- Translate multiple challenges and opportunities into balanced solutions
- Lead major change of supply chain technology capabilities
- Drive alignment between technology and business solutions architecture across the supply chain and operations
- Lead the architecture, design and build of technology product and solutions addressing complex business problems
- Assess and anticipate challenges and opportunities with the existing solutions vs. growth plans and strategic direction of the business
- Create blueprints and frameworks for new solution development & changes to the existing products / solutions
- Work closely with product, software engineering and delivery teams to ensure technology products and solutions are delivered and conform to our architecture principles and standards
- Evaluate and develop new concepts and prototypes
- Share domain expertise and influence conversations around supply chain solutions and roadmaps
What’s it like working at Gousto?
All of us are responsible for the success of Gousto. Our guiding values - dream, deliver and care - show our commitment to innovation, our ambition to hit goals at speed, and our deep respect for the people we work with.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are customer-centric, data driven and outcome focused, using lean principles to work iteratively, experiment and learn fast.
We work in cross-functional squads which we increasingly include business partners. This allows us to work more closely with our colleagues in food, operations and marketing, enabling greater alignment, collaboration and innovation.
Our tech squads have a high level of autonomy to decide both what outcomes they should pursue and how they will achieve them. We expect the same from our IT teams - this is not about “keeping the lights on” but about improving, innovating and automating our technology and processes.
We believe in being agile rather than committing to a single framework or ways of working. We have a set of lean and agile principles which we follow, but beyond that teams are empowered and encouraged to tailor their working processes.
We work at pace and challenge ourselves to continually improve!
- Technically strong, solutions oriented person with significant technology delivery experience across working with OTS vendor systems and/or developing in-house solutions
- Proven track record of solving complex technology and business problems within supply chain environment
- Good understanding of business processes, practices and approaches
- Very strong business, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of technology applications and architecture stacks within a supply chain environment (e.g. procurement tooling, EPR, WMS, MRP)
- Pro-active, driven approach to anticipate need for change within technology and business processes depending on strategic direction of the business
- Practical experience of working within an agile development and deployment environment
- Excellent architecture and design skills
- Ability to translate complex problems to diverse set of audiences
- Experience of making business process and technical decisions against a set of challenging / overlapping priorities
- Proven experience of applying innovative and creative thinking into delivering tangible business value
- Ability to lead and challenge
At Gousto we are constantly looking to evolve our benefits for our people. Employees at Gousto are the key ingredient to our success and growth!
Our offices are ergonomically tested for comfort, noise levels and ensuring we have different spaces to collaborate in. Not to mention daily coffee, tea, fruit and ice creams (vegan options too!). We have weekly Friday socials ranging from team updates, birthday celebrations, meet ups and more! Soft drinks, beer, wine and more snacks included! (Well we do love food)
Ping pong, gaming events, running clubs to pub clubs, wellbeing days and quarterly people events are just a few of the initiatives in place. With more to be announced in 2020!
All Gousto employees are offered a benefits package of:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - You can buy up to 5 days extra holiday!
- A holiday day added each year (up to 30 days)
- 40% Gousto discount
- Your first Gousto box FREE
- 25% Gousto discount for friends and family
- Gousto Academy training courses
- Free food & recipes from the test kitchen
- Gousto stash - hoodie, notepad, mug
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.