GetAgent, the UK’s leading estate agency comparison site, is a rapidly growing prop-tech startup. Proud partners of Which?, our aim is to provide a transparent and data-driven way for homeowners to choose the best agent to sell their most valuable asset.
We encourage each other to find fresh and dynamic ways to reach our goals, and when everyone has a shared purpose, it’s really easy to get motivated. This culture of growth and progress has allowed GetAgent to flourish and offer employee progression at an unprecedented rate.
We have guided our staff to become Team Leaders and Heads of Departments, and pride ourselves in having created a positively challenging work space for the budding mind. As we continue to expand, and advertise (you may have seen us on Channel 4, or YouTube) we consistently strive to encourage staff development and provide equal opportunities to all.
GetAgent is disruptive, diverse and dynamic.
What you’ll do
With more and more home sellers using the GetAgent platform, we are looking for intelligent and resilient Business Development Managers to support our growth.
One of the ways we help estate agents is to connect them with valuations around the country. Your role will be to liaise with agents to help create new business opportunities and build their portfolio.
You’ll be talking to senior decision makers on a day-to-day basis. And, your market analysis will be a key influence in the growth of the best high street estate agents across the UK.
On a daily basis you’ll be solving problems, educating agents about our platform and it’s potential, and use industry knowledge to up-sell and handle objections.
Monday - Friday - 9am-6pm - Old Street
Though we have processes in place, we have given the team ample opportunity to add their own spin on things.
We will provide you with all the tools and training to ensure a smooth call almost every time but ultimately we encourage you to develop your own approach and create your own success story.
In addition to an in-depth 2 day training programme provided by our Head of Sales, you’ll have one-to-one mentorship meetings once a week to discuss your own development and growth.
What we need from you:
Intelligence – You don’t have to be Einstein, but we’re looking for someone with the ability to successfully assess a situation and conduct valuable research.
Resilience - Handling and overcoming adversity is an important part of this role. You’ll love helping others and be able to use client criticism to improve.
Personality - We’re looking for someone who has the innate ability to spark and maintain meaningful conversations with clients and your colleagues.
Nice to have but not essential:
- Experience in a telephone sales role dealing with senior decision makers.
- Negotiation and objection handling experience.
- Experience in the UK property market.
What’s in it for you?
- A clear progression structure mapped out for you – we always aim to promote from within and advancement is based on performance, not time.
- An amazing culture - no matter which team you are on, you can grab a bite to eat with anyone in the company. Our office is fuelled by honesty, integrity, and of course, some laughter!
- Apart from learning from some (really) talented people you can dive head first into one of the largest industries in the world - we pride ourselves on being data-driven and using industry knowledge to better our processes.
- Great salary with regular reviews.
- Weekly one-to-ones with a mentor.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays!).
- Employer pension contributions (provided through Nest)
We will move quickly for the right person, so get your CV over ASAP!