About the Project
An exciting project in a large market, riddled with problems...
The goal of our product is to bridge the gap between early-stage startups and VCs. Currently, data on early-stage startups is inaccurate and fragmented - we are on a mission to change this!
The way the product will function is similar to a digital accelerator, providing the key tools & resources entrepreneurs need to go from concept through to raising investment.
We are now commencing the design & development of our MVP off the back of a significant amount of interest through our landing page, along with taking some payments to validate the concept.
We are now searching for a third co-founder who has solid experience in UX design, and believes they can add significant value to this vision.
The Team & Background
Mark; (Product Owner & Business Development)
Based in London, England.
I have 6 years experience in project management, strategic partnerships and business development. I helped the last company I worked with grow to a £430m acquisition.
I'm a big-hearted chap who enjoys travel, hiking, tennis and (LOVES) entrepreneurship.
Based in Pittsburgh, USA.
I fixate on the "why" and then choose the simplest "how" that makes sense.
I have worked on a wide variety of complex projects and successfully lead software development teams. Some of my roles include working for NASA, being the first hire at Moment (8 million MAU) and the founding software engineer at Adrich (graduated from the Plug & Play Accelerator in Silicon Valley).
In 2021 I will be leaving the US to move to Valencia in Spain. Outside of work I love travel and music.
What we’re looking for
We have a hacker and a hustler, now we just need our hipster!
A lot of the success of this product depends on the user experience. We are looking for a hands-on Product Wizard to take the reins on the design. As this product is aimed at early-stage startups and investors, the person we are looking for must have significant experience working on these type of projects.
We are not just looking for someone talented, but someone who also intimately understands and has experienced the problem we aim to solve.
- Utilising data from the product owner to create rapid prototypes
- User testing & user research
- Production of development-ready screens for web apps (with great UI)
- Working knowledge of early-stage MVP development
- Previous experience working with startups
- Understanding of lean startup metholodogies, particularly customer discovery & customer development
- Motivation, capacity and skill set to be a key member of a founding team and help to grow a business to £200m + valuation
- Interest in productivity & gamification
- Knowledge of the UK investment landscape, particularly at early-stage
- Digital marketing experience to include copywriting, SEO and SMM.
This project is truly collaborative and you will get a significant equity stake in the business, along with a lot of control in helping us to steer the direction of the company.
Thanks for reading!