Lingumi- Head of Customer Success and Community
We're looking for a Head of Customer Success & Community to lead one of the most important parts of our business: our relationship with Lingumi families, and their relationships with each other. This role is critical to our business and requires someone who blends vision, strategic thinking, and 'get stuff done' in equal measure. If that's you, keep reading.
Why you should join us:
Our mission is to provide the world's best teaching experience to pre-school children all around the world through technology. We teach more effectively than a live teacher, for a fraction of the price, making education scalable, effective, and accessible through asynchronous learning and communication. We've started with spoken English, and have already built the most effective, affordable and fun way to do so - all through a connected mobile or tablet.
Our people are a smart bunch, brought together by our mission, and work extremely hard to deliver on what is required. We can clearly see how our role plays a key part in the company's success and are super hungry to grow in our careers. We aim to consistently achieve great results, but if we don't, that's ok - we learn from our mistakes and progress forward. We're humble in our approach and are team players. Collectively, we speak over eight languages in the team and are spread across four hubs - London, Cardiff, Singapore and Shenzhen.
Our customers love what we do and advocate our mission. We really care about their child's development, providing them with the critical skills that they need to succeed in life. Parents praise us and children love us - with some families using us for over three years. Together, we're only at the beginning of what we can achieve.
Our technology allows us to create innovative ways to teach the Lingumi children in new ways - we're working on ground breaking technology that will revolutionise how they learn. Children can connect to their friends and other children from around the world, to learn together, and take us one step closer to connecting this world and making it a better place.
Our investors and advisors range from Europe's best VC's, including North Summit Capital, Local Globe and ADV, to advisors such as Michael O'Sullivan, former CEO of Cambridge Assessment, and Dr Min Wanli, former Chief Data Scientist of Alibaba.
How we get there:
- We’re on an exciting trajectory - over the last year we've gained incredible traction through the first course on our platform, and are rapidly scaling our customer base, particularly across mainland China, and Taiwan. We are now looking for a Head of Customer Success to help us prepare for scale across multiple countries while bringing Customer Success to the heart of what we do. This person will be a key player in helping us teach 100 million children critical skills by 2025.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Build & lead the function of the business responsible for every customer having an exceptional experience in the Lingumi app, and in our community groups across platforms
- Transforming Community from an auxiliary to a primary element of the Lingumi experience for any Lingumi family, anywhere in the world
- Building and managing our remote CS team to ensure they are happy, productive, and effective, with clear goals, training, and regular meetings to just chat!
- Analysing, iterating, and scaling our CRM campaigns to provide the right advice to customers, at the right time, to ensure their success
- Working closely with our Head of Product to help us bring community to the heart of our products so that we can deliver an even better Community experience inside our product
- Working with the Senior Management team to be the voice of our customers and help us understand their biggest pain points while outlining the biggest strategic opportunities
- Working closely with our Head of International Markets to understand how we scale and manage CS agents successfully in our existing markets, while being able to successfully prepare for new market launches
- Understanding how we drive significant revenue through our Lingumi families through word of mouth and referrals, making Lingumi the hottest pre-school platform in the world
Here's what you must be/have:
- You have been a Head of Customer Success, Head of Community, very customer-facing Head of Product, or equivalent at a scaling B2C company that has significantly grown through virality or word of mouth
- You have successfully launched international CS teams and taken them to scale
- You have built playbooks that have enabled your Customer Support agents to speak with your company's language and empowered them to generate revenue
- You have high emotional intelligence and experience managing teams - you know what great management looks like and have invested time in growing yourself as a manager
- You're a visionary thinker who can deeply understand the micro and the macro, read the data, and lead the creation of transformational customer experiences
- You speak English fluently and understand the nature of cultural nuances between different countries
What would be nice but not necessary?
- You have a strong emotional understanding of parents with young kids, and the pressures they face; you'll need to be empathetic and in tune with our customers
- You are multi-lingual: Our team speak 8 languages, and are in 4 offices + many home offices around the world, and our customers are in >40 countries (with a key focus on 2).
The benefits of working for Lingumi:
- Generous salary and equity packages
- Company laptop (if you need one)
- 20 days of paid holiday, plus the week of Chinese New Year (for CN/SG team members) or the Christmas to New Year break, as paid leave
- Coaching on request depending on your needs - whether you need someone to talk to on a regular basis outside of work, or specifically on developing your leadership skills. We have an extensive network and will put you in touch with the right coach for your needs
- We ask you to be in your Hub for the majority of the working week. You can spend some of the week working from the comfort of your home, or even in your favourite coffee shops. If you do decide to work outside of your hub, be sure to book this on CharlieHR. Outside of core meetings, you can organise your time how you want - some team members spend use less productive afternoon hours for personal wellness things like going to the gym or getting a haircut.
- We offer a Productivity and Wellness budget (£100pm) to use on growth and wellness. We typically use this for gym memberships, books or courses. Feel free to use it to sign up to one of these - if you want to double check the expenditure, ask Adit.
- We take the team on an annual retreat for 1 week (usually somewhere warm!)
Every child deserves an equal chance in life. If you share our vision of building, inspiring and empowering the world's next generation of learners, apply to join our team today.