Salary: circa £25000
Did you love science at school and beyond? Are you passionate about the importance of Science subjects in Education and beyond? We’re a fast growing VC backed EdTech company, improving science education world-wide. We use Virtual Reality to make our Science Sets completely interactive, bringing Chemistry to life!
We are now at the stage where we are growing quickly, and to help us scale, we’re looking for an energetic, bright Science or Mathematics graduate (or similar level of education in a relevant Scientific or Mathematics subject) to join our small, but expanding team. You’ll have at least six months office and/or research experience to join us for a varied role doing everything from Research through to some Office Administration. If you’ve any experience in education, we’d love to hear about it!
About the Role
You’ll be the main contact in our busy office. You’ll own and develop our office procedures, and work closely with our team, helping to support our growth. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting research on competitors, emerging Ed-Tech trends, companies within the space and other relevant information gathering. You’ll be able to present and report back to our Senior Management Team.
- Communication and event support, such as hosting science webinars for teachers, parents or kids
- Day to day reception duties, as and when required, dealing with incoming calls and filtering enquiries, meeting and greeting our visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
- Organisation and management of office stock and general equipment.
- Dealing with travel, expenses, and managing our office budget.
- Recruitment and HR admin. You’ll help our Talent Lead and CEO in interview arrangements and hiring documentation where required.
- Maintenance of our UK office calendar and appointment schedules.
- Assisting our Senior Management Team with diary management, administration and incoming / outgoing correspondence as and when required.
- Other tasks as and when required.
- A Science or Mathematics graduate or similar and at least six months office experience. You MUST have finished your degree for us to consider your details! You’ll also have some experience of research too - this could be in an office environment, or within a postgraduate degree or similar.
- Keen to learn and progress your career, and passionate about working in a startup that’s making a difference in Science education
- An outstanding communicator, displaying superb written and spoken English.
- Comfortable in liaising with individuals at all levels. You’ll be the face of MEL Science sometimes, so it’s important you’re a consummate professional, but you’ll also be open and friendly in your manner!
- Comfortable in using MS Office, you’ll have Advanced Excel and other software such as databases. You’ll be able to produce management reports when required and present your findings back to senior management in a clear and articulate fashion.
- Demonstrable multi-tasking skills. You’ll also show clear evidence of prioritising your workload, we need you to be super-organised and show great attention to detail!
- Positive, energetic, committed, flexible and reliable.
- Trustworthy and discreet. You’ll sometimes be dealing with confidential data and information, so you’ll need to be able to treat it sensitively.
- Able to think on your feet, with a proactive approach and you’ll love working as part of a team. You’ll be happy to work indepedently too!
- Comfortable in working in a small office. We’re growing, so this will change but if you prefer working in a larger corporate environment, this is not the role for you.
If you think you’re the person for us, tell us why! We’re not keen on receiving CV’s alone, so do please tell us more about yourself!
You may also work as an Administrator or similar