Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In six short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform.
The Festicket Family is currently at 150, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto, Nantes and San Francisco with our recent partnership with Ticket Arena Leeds.
We're now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds.
We've been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company, #80 in the Financial Times Fastest Growing 1000 EU Companies and have just been announced in Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019.
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world.
Festicket is looking for a Finance Manager to join our central Finance and Accounting team, reporting directly to the Financial Controller. At Festicket we are building a finance team that goes beyond the numbers and has a passion for improving business performance. This role is a key part of that vision.
We are seeking an ambitious and detail oriented Finance Manager specialising in accounting and tax, for our fast-growing and dynamic office in Camden. The Finance Manager will take a hands-on approach to addressing the needs of the company as we scale to the next level.
You’ll own a lot of important functions from from getting us ready for our external audit to owning the month end close process and balance sheet management.
- Improve financial control environment and play a key role in ensuring that processes are robust and able to scale with the business as it grows, including establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department including accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, general ledger entries, bank reconciliation, credit card expense report reconciliation and revenue recognition
- Responsible for delivering timely and accurate financial processing, month end close, cash management reports, and balance sheet reconciliation
- Proactively performs preventive quality controls and takes corrective actions when necessary
- Support on tax projects including Corporation tax, VAT submissions, US sales tax and R&D claims
- Be visible across the company, working closely with management team and on cross functional teams.
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA), strong academically with at least one role within industry under your belt
- Experience working in multi territory online business
- Have experience working within a high volume transactional business.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and latest developments
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, numbers are your thing.
- Strong communicator who is able to advise and challenge senior non-finance stakeholders.
- Experience working with Netsuite
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to multitask and work on multiple ongoing projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
- Bright, inquisitive and passionate about business
- Able to meet deadlines and work independently with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter who will be keen to initiate new ideas and processes
- Innovative, creative and imaginative approach to solving problems
We’re a team of 160 located in an amazing the heart of Camden. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 5pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & then planning to head out for a night out.
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 15 sick days per annum
- Discretionary flexible working from home
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Festicket United- 7 a-side football matches
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks at 4pm on Friday
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Value driven start-up culture.