At LabGenius, we’re building a platform to discover revolutionary medicines using machine learning. The work we do will positively impact humanity and fundamentally change scientific discovery forever!
We are an international team who love learning and are curious about the world. We have exciting growth plans for this year and are looking for a highly skilled Computational Protein Engineer to join us on our mission!
With wet lab experience, and a deep understanding of molecular biology to boot, you’ll be key in communicating ideas and results between biologists and data scientists. Your ability to analyse NGS datasets, and your experience in creating data visualisations, will be critical in allowing you to share results with the wider R&D team to help draw conclusions. Being able to integrate your workflow with other teams, along with the ability to share findings in an articulate manner, will help you to achieve success within this position.
What you’ll do in this role.
- You’ll analyse protein sequence datasets and published structures, generating multiple sequence alignments and mapping fitness landscapes: (30% of your time).
- You’ll design synthetic antibody fragment libraries for novel biotherapeutic discovery: (20% of your time).
- You’ll process NGS data generated by our in-house wet lab team, visualising the data and discussing the results with the wider R&D team to draw conclusions: (50% of your time).
What we’re looking for from you.
- You’ll have worked in a wet lab in a previous life, where you successfully designed and executed molecular biology experiments.
- You’ll have used Python and applied statistics to analyse sequence datasets and extract actionable insights into experimental design.
- You’ll be familiar with protein structure analysis, and have used protein structures and/or protein sequence datasets to inform your experimental design.
- You’ll have worked with such tools as PyMol for protein structure analysis.
- You’ll be adept at creating data visualisations.
- You’ll have a solid grasp of basic applied statistics.
- You’ll have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with specialists from your own and other fields (e.g. protein scientists and data scientists).
How you enjoy working.
- You’re a quick learner who enjoys discussing ideas and putting them into action.
- You’re a true ‘multi-disciplinarian’; you’re equally happy digging into the details of a molecular biology protocol as you are training machine learning models.
- You’re an inclusive team player who enjoys collaborating with people from different backgrounds.
- You want work to be meaningful and to be part of a business dedicated to having a positive impact on humanity.
What you’ll receive from us.
Aside from being part of our brilliant, purpose-driven team, you'll also enjoy:
- Flexible working arrangements: whether you’re a night owl or a morning lark, with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
- Easy access to on-site gym and climbing wall to break a sweat or indulge your inner monkey.
- Monthly 1-on-1 coaching from Sanctus: because we need to look after our minds as well as our bodies.
- Self-service study budget via Sunlight plus books, courses, and events; we encourage personal development in any form. Basically, we heart learning.
- Weekly team lunches from City Pantry: the perfect time to connect over kebabs, natter over nachos, or cackle over curry.
- Access to the Cycle To Work scheme: to make your commute cheaper, healthier, and a whole lot greener!
We believe that diversity makes for innovative, exceptional teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
Please make sure you include a solid cover letter that shows your enthusiasm for this role and for LabGenius' work!