Product Manager, tech scale up
A rare opportunity for a Product Manager to
- Gain CPO-level scope: managing several products and balancing multiple user groups and goals
- Have a huge business impact, influencing the strategy
VouchedFor is set to scale up, as the “Trustpilot for professional services”. People need to know who they can trust at key points in their life, whether they need advice on their finances, legal matters, property or their mental health.
Having raised venture funding and achieved profitability, VouchedFor has more recently restructured and pivoted its business model. Having grown subscriptions by 40% over the last year, we are poised to grow rapidly.
Our products serve two very different groups of users; professionals providing advice, and consumers who are seeking advice. As such we have a wide ranging product portfolio, but managed by a small team who balance multiple goals and prioritise ruthlessly.
With our 2 most established products having been completely redesigned in 2019, we now need to optimise, iterate and scale - whilst still leaving time for product discovery and new growth ideas!
Reporting into the Product & Operations Director, you’ll initially be responsible for two key jobs to be done, aligned to our strategic aims.
- Helping our B2B users (advisers) build trust with their clients and prospects: you’ll be finding ways to drive habitual usage of our products, building a solid understanding of how advisers work and how VouchedFor can help them build trust with clients, drive more referrals for their business and increase their conversion. You’ll be working closely with our Adviser Success team, driving goals around user satisfaction and retention rates.
- Driving trust for B2C users (consumers who are looking for advice): the goal here is that even if a particular adviser can’t help a consumer, they would always recommend they go to VouchedFor to find an adviser who can help them. You’ll be driving improvements to our search experience, advisers’ consumer facing profiles and public reviews.
You’ll work side by side with our developers to find the right problems to solve. You’ll own a product backlog, prioritising it daily and contributing to the overall product roadmap. You’ll work with the development team to define, test and release new features on a daily basis. You’ll also work closely with other teams around the business such as marketing, customer service and sales to support the wider business goals.
You’ll have CPO-level product scope, but without the people management - we’re a small team. However, you’ll have the opportunity to build the case for growing to multiple product squads with individually focussed goals.
You’re very strong when it comes to the emotional intelligence product basics: user empathy, building relationships, being adaptable. But above all, you’re resilient. You won’t rest until our product achieves exactly what our users need it to do and will iterate tirelessly to get there, staying positive in the face of setbacks. You’re humble and know building great products is a team effort.
We’re a young company, seeking capability and potential over experience. That said, we would expect you to have:
- 3+ years experience building user-centric products / customer experiences
- Strong communication skills - able to champion your vision for the product
- Strong influence and collaboration skills
- A proven ability to get your head around complex, vague concepts and turn them into a deliverable product
- Knowledge of the full product development process; from ideation to wireframing and technical build.
- Great analytical skills, able to interpret complex data (whether in a spreadsheet, google analytics or using SQL) and use it to inform your decisions
- A solid understanding of UX
- Excellent time management skills
- Stock options available
- Location: Teddington, in SW London. In normal times, take a wonderful bike-ride to work through Richmond Park or Bushy Park, or get a seat on a quiet train as you travel against the commuter flow. During Covid-19, we're fully set up for remote-working.
- Culture: We're a young and fun team, of about 25 people, set to grow quickly. We encourage people to take on responsibility and achieve maximum progression