Deja is a venture-backed Direct to Consumer wellness brand offering natural products and holistic lifestyle guidance based on the ancient Indian science of Ayurveda.
We are on a mission to modernise Ayurveda; by combining ancient wisdom with modern science, fresh branding and a digital approach, Deja makes Ayurveda accessible, aspirational and convenient.
Our first products to market are a range of herbal capsules. Our online platform will offer holistic and personalised lifestyle guidance from Ayurvedic experts to complement our products; including nutrition, daily routine, yoga and meditation.
We are backed by Antler, the global accelerator and VC, having completed their program in London to secure pre-seed funding.
Deja is looking for an intern to help with day to day activities across operations, finances, supply chain and logistics.
We are at the early stages, soon to launch our first product. Due to current circumstances we are unfortunately unable to pay a salary at this time, but what we CAN offer is a very hands-on experience, exposure to different parts of the business, and the opportunity to gain a lot of valuable early-stage startup experience working very closely with the founding team.
This role is a part-time, flexible hours internship that would require ~20 hours/week time commitment. The length of the internship is 2-3 months, with an opportunity to convert to a more permanent position.
The role will be based in London (remote for now due to circumstances).
- Support on our Pilot launch
- Helping to source and liaise with suppliers so our pilot product can arrive
- Coordinating with 3rd party vendors for fulfilment, warehousing, customs and clearing
- Helping with development of product range
- Helping with development of product range based on customer research
- Scoping out potential suppliers in UK/overseas for product and packaging
- Coordinating new ideas with our compliance consultant
- Support on packaging development and sourcing
- Helping to develop our sustainability strategy from an early stage
- Coordinating with our accountant to ensure accounts are up to date
- Support with financial model/financials
- Helping with applications for loans and grants
- A relevant undergraduate business degree or equivalent
- 2+ years work experience
- Excellent written English
- High attention to detail and process driven
- Analytical, good with Excel and comfortable with financial models
- A quick learner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player
Would be a bonus;
- Experience in an operations or finance role
- Experience with supply chain/logistics
- A passion for the wellness/alternative medicine space!
If this sounds like you we would love to chat! Please provide short cover letter and CV