Lumio exists to accelerate financial independence, integrity and personal progress through intelligent technology.
The Lumio App is live in the App Store (Play Store coming). It continually optimises our customers' money in a loop:
- Connect - All their financial accounts and financial life.
- Understand - Lumio evaluates their spending, savings and investments are 'right' according to their values and lifestyle.
- Grow - Automatically build their curated financial service 'stack' and grow their money optimally.
Lumio's mission is to grow our customers' financial assets by £500 million by July 2023. It's Big. It's Audacious. And a little bit Scary.
As Chief Technology Officer, you will take ownership of the technological, engineering, and architectural decisions as well as the technical roadmap and work with co-founders to achieve the mission.
Working at Lumio you can expect a small, agile team environment where we:
- truly care about our customers, our team mates and ourselves
- stay humble to embrace opportunities with positivity and benevolence
- roll up our sleeves and boost each other to get things done
At an early stage of our mission, we’ve developed amazing technology. We’re at a critical junction in our growth and need your help. If you’re hungry, ambitious and want the challenge of building a long-lasting brand, you’ll fit right in.
As Chief Technology Officer, you should have these skills:
- Ability to work with the Lumio tech stack: node.js, express.js, sequelize with PostgreSQL, React.js, Redux, React Native
- Ability to work with Python, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Tensorflow
- Building and delivering new consumer products to market in a start-up environment
- Running and growing developer teams
- Human-centred design
- Tracking technological trends to build product development strategy
- Naturally curious, collaborative and creative approach to problem solving
- Analytical ability with a large dose of creativity, emotional intelligence and empathy
- Be eligible to work in the UK, as no visa sponsorship is available for this position
In your first 6 months, you'll:
- Lead longterm scalable development, deployment, and delivery of the highly innovative Lumio app.
- Manage the external off-shore team and prepare to recruit and build the in-house development team.
- Discover and implement new technologies that produce competitive advantage.
- Build and revise quality assurance, cybersecurity and data protection processes.
- Communicate the technology of the company to investors and other stakeholders.
Like the rest of the Lumio team, you'll benefit from:
- Annual salary benchmarked against industry to ensure we’re paying fairly
- Interest free New Starter Loan to help transition to Lumio and Rainy Day Loan for life’s unexpected difficulties
- Smart Pensions with employer match
- Free breakfast and plenty of drinks and snacks
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays and an extra day off on your birthday
- Flexible working - we care about outputs not facetime
- Regular socials and fun team retreats twice a year
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to sponsor your chosen charity
- Bring your pet to work