ABOUT US & THE JOB
At Cherryz, it’s our mission to make shopping for essentials fun and affordable. We're backed by some of Europe's leading venture funds and have great ambitions. However, we're just at the beginning of our journey - there’s still loads to do and we need more incredible people that share our vision of creating an amazing new online shopping experience.
We're looking for a Head of Finance to become an integral part of our team. In this role, you'll be fully responsible for building an in-house finance function while taking a very hands-on approach. You'll work alongside the management team and report directly to the Founder & CEO. The position would ideally suit a finance professional who has developed commercial experience in industry and is now looking to take on greater responsibility within a startup.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Oversee outsourced accountants/bookkeepers
- Prepare monthly management accounts and KPIs for delivery to investors
- Build and maintain budgets and forecasts and monitor performance against plan
- File VAT returns and other statutory reporting
- Manage payroll, pensions and related HR operations
- Manage payments and cash flow
- Support the Founder & CEO with complex analyses and business intelligence
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to truly partner the business
- CCAB-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA) with significant experience in industry
- Experience in startups or SMEs, ideally in e-commerce or retail
- Truly expert financial modelling and data analysis skills in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- In-depth experience with Xero (must), Receipt Bank and CharlieHR (or similar)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
We're a small team with next to no hierarchy. If you have an idea, we'll listen. If you want to try something new, we'll support you. So if you're a self-starter who's keen to learn, Cherryz is the right place for you!
Our head office is located in the heart of Dalston (Central London), 2min walk from both Dalston Junction and Dalston Kingsland Overground Stations, but you’ll be free to work remotely for some days of the week also after Covid-19. Team spirit is strong at Cherryz and we frequently have lunch or after-work drinks together (currently on Zoom).
We love our products and we want you to enjoy them as much as possible, too, so you get 25% off everything on Cherryz.