At Neat, we’re building a solution that’s friendlier, faster, more modern than a bank. We have users in over 100 countries around the globe, relying on our solutions to manage their business finances.
Want to help us achieve this vision? We’ve built a place where you’ll love doing it!
Our culture of transparency and openness means you’ll have lots of impacts, our test-driven development approach means we move quickly while maintaining super high standards for quality of code and design, and our commitment to your professional growth means you’ll always be learning.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Crime and AML expert based in London, to bring financial crime and AML operations up to speed. The right candidate should have a working knowledge and a passion for the FinTech landscape.
You will play a key role in shaping and delivering the company’s risk appetite, automation, operations and controls around fraud and AML. You will be working at the edge of financial services, helping to define and drive innovation at the interface between the FinTech payment and conventional financial services.
While maintaining the customer experience and interests as a core objective, you will be responsible for setting high standards of legal and regulatory compliance, across all customer onboarding, transaction monitoring and investigations activities. You will seek to advance and protect the reputation of the firm and maintain a good knowledge of latest industry developments in applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
The role is reporting into the Chief Compliance Officer; however, the company is looking for someone driven and willing to take full ownership of the task at hand. The company aspires to lead the way in building a world-class compliance offering at the forefront of a technological revolution.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be leading the set-up of FC/AML/KYC operation to ensure the business is compliant with current and prospective regulatory obligations.
- Building comprehensive risk guidelines and defining risk appetite.
- Transaction monitoring, define scorecards for ongoing monitoring of fiat and crypto transactions. Identify and investigate potential fraud or financial crime risks
- Fraud, Chargeback and Dispute management
- Responsible for the setup and on-going review of SARs and SAR process.
- Working closely with the Product Managers to build a consumer platform integrating a highly intuitive and user-friendly KYC/AML solution.
- Monitor effectiveness of card processor fraud & AML authorisation
- To embed a comprehensive understanding of the Financial Crime risks associated with business.
- Customer Due Diligence, design and enhance CDD and EDD processes to maintain high automation rates, fraud and AML scorecards for assessing and monitoring
- Create, implement and oversee policies and procedures for combating Financial Crime that are easy to understand and follow.
- Ensure the business is compliant with relevant regulatory obligations and well positioned to deal with future changes in regulation
- Working closely with all other departments, third parties such as partner bank, law enforcement, other financial institutions and financial crime prevention bodies
- Maintain a good knowledge of industry best practice across all areas of onboarding and financial crime. Thought Leadership / Best practice.
- Building strong relationships with third parties and institutions
- Showing thought leadership and visibility in cross-border payment compliance space, attending events and acting as an ambassador on behalf of the company.
- Working closely with the Operations Manager to ensure all staff are up to date with any needed compliance training.
- Updating management team through weekly report.
- Scaling the team and operations as the business grows.
We’re looking for:
- Minimum 5 years experience in AML/KYC compliance experience within a Bank or relevant FinTech company
- Leadership/management experience within the AML/KYC arena preferred
- Knowledge of business operations of customers such as Money Services Businesses, Casinos, NGOs, cryptocurrency related businesses and other higher risk entities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills