We are looking for a Financial Controller to manage our finance functions.
This person will be a qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent) finance professional that can manage our core bookkeeping and transactional requirements, as well as management accounting to help us forecast. In addition, you will be preparing management accounts, payroll and VAT and debt collection process.
Who We Are:
YourWelcome is a guest monetisation and management tool for short term rentals. We enable property management companies to seamlessly add a service layer to their business to drive revenue from upgrading the guest stay, food delivery and tourist tickets. The company launched 3 years ago and is installed in 17,000 properties globally and used by 60k guests per month.
We have offices in London and Tampa but this role will be based in our London office (initially working from home until coronavirus abates but then 5 days a week with the rest of the team in our Blackfriars office).
- Use of Xero on a day to day basis working on a range of the duties
- Creation and sending of invoices, and debt collection processes
- Manage the month end process, creating management accounts
- Reconcile Xero with bank accounts and remittances
- Work with management to closely manage cashflow and investment processes
- Identification and implementation of internal controls, processes and systems, within both the finance function and wider business
- Regularly review budgets and forecasts with business unit leads and management
- Reporting at business unit level
- Assist management in preparation of annual budgets, recommending changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls
- Manage all payroll, pension, and HMRC related payments and processes
- Act as main point of contact with external accountants / auditors / financial advisors
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and ensuring VAT compliance
- Bachelors in Accounting or related area
- Strong knowledge of using Xero
- Solid understanding of UK GAAP
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills - ability to develop effective relationships with team members
- Good time management, organisational and planning skills - ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- High level of numeracy
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proactive attitude, and willingness to undertake all levels of work
- Strong interest in learning about all aspects of the business
Nice to have:
- Experience in working within a SaaS business
- Experience in managing SaaS financial modelling