You’ll be joining as the company’s first senior hire, to work alongside Yang Liu to deliver against JustWears’ growth strategy. You will play a key role in growing JustWears from an up-and-coming brand to a household name. Your role will involve building out the operational infrastructure and running JustWears’ overall operations.
This is an awesome opportunity for a highly-motivated, ambitious person who is has impressive qualifications, gravitas and some relevant, demonstrable experience, who is looking for an opportunity to move into a more visible, high-impact leadership role at a much earlier stage of your career than a traditional path would provide.
We are looking for someone inherently entrepreneurial who is looking for a position of influence and strategically significant remit, but you likely won’t have been a COO before. You will perhaps have run a team or a department, and could come from either a business development, marketing, product or pure operational background. No matter your particular field, you will definitely have a good grasp on business management and will have a proven track record of impressive career achievement.
Therefore, it’s important that the right candidate is self-motivated and inherently entrepreneurial (to be able to learn and problem-solve on the fly). In addition, you should possess a high attention to detail, good grasp on business concepts and a positive self-starter attitude.
- Lead day-to-day operational requirements of a high-growth business, project management and implementation.
- Create and deliver on ambitious growth plans and targets, develop strategies and pivot where necessary to push the business to scale.
- Be part of the general startup community and take part in networking events and socials to build JustWears profile within the founder and business community.
- Business development and planning to include key relationships with 3rd party warehouses, manufacturing partners, distributors and logistics companies.
- Research of competitor activity and building and analysing e-commerce differentiation strategies to really make JustWears stand apart from the rest
- Work closely with tech and design teams to ensure both the smooth running of the platform and look at ways it can be improved and iterated whilst managing budgets
- Take part in senior meetings, manage key stakeholders. Create decks, financials and business overviews as required by investors and stakeholders.
- Innately entrepreneurial; you are excited about joining an early-stage company and working hard to make an impact, in a leadership role.
- You possess strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively grow and manage a team
- You have strong numeracy skills and a quantitative approach to managing KPIs, budgets and tracking metrics.
- You’re passionate about creating quality-design goods to make people’s life better.
- You’ll be excited about joining an early-stage company and working hard to make an impact, in a leadership role
- You will have a good sense of humour, be easy-going yet incredibly hard-working
You’re Good At:
- Analyzing an opportunity set in a particular industry, category or product vertical
- Making strategic decisions in partnership with a team about how to capitalize on these opportunities
- Executing on them in an organized and diligent way to drive a business to the next level
- Building a team and inspiring others to join the mission
- To be challenged on a daily basis in a fast growing startup.
- To play a pivotal role in building the next big thing in men’s wear.
- To be part of a truly cross-functional growth team which listens to every idea.
- Previous experience scaling a consumer-focused business/startup preferred. Candidates with experience in either consulting or finance are also welcome.
- Excellent with Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Have at least some background knowledge of accounting.
Compensation / Benefits:
- Competitive compensation with equity options in the business.
- The opportunity to build out and lead a team in a fast growing environment
- A fun, positive, energised start-up culture
- A steady support of awesome free clothes (menswear yes, but the women in our office have been known to pull it off)
- Flexible working
- Regular employee led lunch and learns
At JustWears, We’re nuts about making great men’s underwear and we have a few simple principles that help us stay on the ball everyday…
- Be humble, but have balls — We encourage all our team members to take bold action (be willing to take risks and try new things), while also being humble enough to learn from situations that don’t go the way they were initially planned.
- On the ball — We make one thing – incredible underwear- and we do it better than anyone else.
- Hang loose — We love to have fun. Putting fun at the heart of JustWears helps us create a brand you love.
- Always fresh — We never stop learning and improving. We’re not scared to listen to our customers and change things when we think we can do better.
- In your court — We believe in turning our customers into long term partners on a journey into a wonderful, fresh and comfortable future.