Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 2,000+ music festivals across 100 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In five short years, we have become World’s largest music festival platform.
The Festicket Family is currently 150, and we're passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Leeds, San Francisco, Berlin, Amsterdam, Nantes and Porto.
We're now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of the UK's largest VC funds having raised over €25m in total. Read the Series D press release HERE
In 2019 the company expanded its operations via the acquisition of Ticket Arena and Event Genius - setting the company up for an exciting period of growth. Read the press release HERE
We've are multi award winning and in recent years have been announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, FT top 1000 companies in Europe, Deloitte 50 & a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company.
Festicket is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join the Finance team based in Camden, London.
This role will report to the Financial Control and Accounting Manager. The candidate should have an adaptable mindset to be a key facilitator of the growth plans Festicket has.
The candidate will work with the wider Finance team and the rest of the business to evolve the vision for Finance and deliver a best-in-class finance team.
At Festicket we are building a finance team that goes beyond the numbers and has a passion for improving business performance. This role is a key part of that vision.
- Provide support across all aspects of financial management
- Data import and month end provisions for sales reconciliation and partner share accruals, AR reconciliation and refunds
- Deferred revenue, accrued income/commission, accrued partner share, prepayment partner share
- Provide supporting reconciliation sheets for review for above areas
- VAT submission calculation support
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation
- Assistance with preparation of Festicket's annual accounts as well as annual audit process
- Supporting the finance team in the continuous process improvement and financial controls, taking ownership of a number of control procedures and driving automation of the month end process
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations to improve internal processes
- Supporting the finance team on any other ad-hoc tasks required
- Be studying CIMA or ACCA (Part-qualified)
- Have recent knowledge of producing Management Accounts/Statutory Accounts
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, numbers are your thing.
- Experience working with Netsuite
- Strong excel skills
- Highly organised and detail-oriented; able to multitask and work on multiple ongoing projects
- Strong interpersonal and cross group collaboration skills, ability to drive simplicity
- Experience working in multi territory online business and associated knowledge of international tax considerations
- Experience working within a high volume transactional business and proven examples of simplifying complex processes through technology
- You’ll be highly organised, detail oriented and meticulous
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple ongoing projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to delve into complex details, whilst taking a high level view
- Team player with a high level of integrity, a positive “can-do” attitude and an eagerness to learn and help other members of the team
- Bright, inquisitive and passionate about accounting and finance
- Able to meet deadlines and work independently
- Self-starter who will be keen to initiate new ideas and processes
- Innovative, creative and imaginative approach to solving problems
We’re a team of 160 located in an amazing the heart of Camden. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
We have a company culture which is very idea orientated and driven but also very social. It's entirely normal at 5pm on a Friday for half the company to be drinking together in the office & then planning to head out for a night out.
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 15 sick days per annum
- Enhanced maternity and paternity policies
- Discretionary flexible working from home
- Eye-care – discounted eye tests and glasses
- Festicket United - 7 a-side football matches
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks at 4pm on Friday
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Perks - free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Value driven start-up culture.