Switchd is a new, automated energy switching start-up with a mission to save people time, money and hassle. We’ve got a great product (which we’re always improving) great reviews from customers and we’ve just raised a round of funding from a well-known UK bank.
The core auto-switching service has already saved 1000's of tons of carbon through people going green. We're now developing some exciting new tech to take the green side of things even further!
The journey has been awesome so far and what's to come is shaping up to be even better! We’re looking for someone to join the team, join the journey and share in the success as we continue to grow. We’re on the lookout for an outgoing and motivated individual to join our team.
At Switchd we work hard but we work smart and if you’re ever doing something you think is pointless (which we hope you won’t be anyway) then we have a culture that means you can speak up and challenge if it needs doing! This role will have a huge amount of personal development opportunity as you’ll see how the business is run and have the freedom to shape how we do customer experience at Switchd.
We're looking for a front-end developer to join our team. All of our tech has been built in house by our co-founder Tom and our friendly back-end developer Naz. You’ll be joining this fast paced duo to help speed up the development of the product, as well as the production of marketing tests for our head of growth Morgan. You’ll take ownership of the development of our site, dashboard, emails and marketing materials. Our ideal candidate is someone who can show a passion for front-end design, is excited about the vision of our company and is all all round good egg.
Key responsibilities and areas of ownership
- Developing component libraries for consistent and fast website development
- Implementing mobile optimisation best practices and templates
- Reviewing front end tech libraries and making improvement suggestions
- Working with our CTO to ensure the necessary UX planning takes place, sitting in the correct information architecture before visual design work takes place.
- Efficiently producing prototypes for website and advertising material, then working with a visual designer for any final “polish”.
- A portfolio of work highlighting your passion and ability as a front-end developer
- An understanding of User Experience and how to apply UX principles to your work
- A reasonable knowledge of front end libraries and which are best suited to different applications
- Experience with Figma / Sketch / Photoshop or any other appropriate design software
- Previous experience in a tech startup is preferable but not essential
- Well organised and time effective
- Friendly and personable
- Office in the heart of Holborn (with lots of plants!)
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Equity/shares in the company, so you can share in the growth
- Regular feedback and training sessions to help you develop
- Unlimited tea, coffee, biscuits fruit etc... :)
- Pension to help you prepare for the future
- Free Friday team lunches at the local market