This role is with a great FMCG drinks company, more details provided on application. Due to rapid expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain & Logistics Manager to join ourteam.
We are looking for a passionate and resourceful individual who displays strong attention to detail. Success in this role is ensuring that we deliver exceptional customer service to our rapidly growing base of retail and wholesale customers plus directly to consumers via our online business. The ideal candidate will have strong commercial acumen and consistently look for ways to make our business simpler, more efficient and lower cost.
Strong influencing skills are essential in this role as there will be numerous stakeholders to manage including other functions within the UK team, our manufacturing, warehousing and logistics partners, and our Australian team.
- Work with Finance and Sales teams to develop a rolling forecast by account by SKU for the following six months
- Develop a manufacturing plan based on this forecast to ensure we are producing sufficient stock to meet customer needs whilst optimising working capital
- Manage third party manufacturing, warehousing and logistics partners (in Europe and UK)
- Manage warehousing of finished goods, ensure effective management of stock holding of finished goods to maximise sell-through
- Manage order fulfilment (supported by Ops Executive) to retail and wholesale customers, plus direct to consumer via online orders
- Consistently look for opportunities to reduce our supply chain and logistics costs (e.g. order fulfilment, warehousing, packaging procurement)
- Manage set-up of new customers (supported by Ops Executive)
- Project manage launch of new products into the UK market
Experience and skills
- Full understanding of how to manage supply chain and logistics end to end.
- We expect you to demonstrate strong commercial acumen and be able to understand and optimise processes end to end. You move fast (but with control and decisiveness, not panic or appearing rudderless), adapting to change within our small business.
- You think strategically and prioritise effectively.
- You are comfortable when ambiguity arises.
- You are a self-starter.
- You are not afraid to challenge the norms, innovate and drive change.
- Dynamic and ambitious.
- 5-7 years’ experience gained in either retail or FMCG environment (experience in a start-up or smaller business would be a strong plus).
- Progressed through Supply Chain or Logistics function, ideally having started as an analyst. Experience of working within warehousing function strongly preferred.
- A passionate, energetic and determined nature with a keen eye for attention to detail.
- Numerate and analytical.
- Highly commercial.
- A collaborative and team driven approach with strong communication skills.
- Strong results orientation, track record of hitting and exceeding targets.
- Proven communication, time management and organisation skills are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and project management skills.
- Client orientated, and service driven.
- Passion, reliability, combined with a ‘can do’ approach.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.