For us to consider your application, please include a cover letter and answer the following questions :)
- What makes you a great fit for this role?
- Tell us about a mobile or web app that you love using and what you love about it
- Please give an example of a customer problem you solved that highlights your technical knowledge
TLDR: We're looking for someone with amazing communication skills (to make our users smile) and enough technical literacy to troubleshoot tricky issues
zeroheight is a Y Combinator company shaping the future of the UX design industry by allowing any company to have a Design System. We've grown organically to 500+ paying customers thanks to one thing – talking to users and making a product people love :) But we've now reached a point where we need help with the "talking to users" part – that's where you come in!
Reasons you should apply
- We're on a super exciting trajectory. zeroheight is at the cutting edge of the UX industry and thanks to the backing of investors like Y Combinator and Adobe we have everything we need to become the leader in Design Systems.
- You'll have a huge impact. This is an opportunity to join a growing design startup as one of the first 10 employees in a role that can truly help the company succeed – that's why it comes with equity.
- zeroheight users are awesome. They are product-builders themselves and often take the time to say lovely things and share useful feedback.
- It'll be both rewarding and fun. Being in the early team of a growing startup and seeing it succeed thanks to your efforts is hugely rewarding. Also, startups are fun!
What will you be doing?
TLDR: You’ll handle all incoming support issues and customer feedback – collaborating with the rest of the team to resolve issues and incorporate feedback into our roadmap
You'll spend most of your time responding to queries using our company voice & tone, always looking for opportunities to go above and beyond and impress users
- Technical support: you'll troubleshoot technical support issues, jump on calls with customers if needed, and provide clear and comprehensive bug reports to the product team if an issue needs to be escalated
- Non-technical support: you'll handle non-technical issues such as billing queries and collaborate with the product team to build tools to automate frequent support tasks
You'll keep track of the frequency of support issues (both technical and non-technical) and create documentation and resources to improve our Help Center / FAQ and reduce the number of incoming issues
You'll track the feedback that comes in through all our various feedback channels, clarify it with users where necessary, and organise it so it can be easily incorporated into our roadmap
Here's what your first 6 months at zeroheight could look like
Are we a good match?
You’re amazing with customers
You've worked in a customer-facing role and are great at communicating, listening, empathizing, prioritizing and speaking/writing clearly and concisely.
You have good technical literacy
You have enough knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS) to understand and troubleshoot issues with our web application and plugins. Bonus points if you've used (or know about) UX design tools!
You love products and all things UX
You're excited to spend the next few years continuously learning everything you can about UX design and best practices in Design Systems
You're excited to work at a startup
You have a proactive attitude and a strong drive to succeed in a startup environment where you'll need to be autonomous and adaptable to change.
You're looking for a serious relationship
You want to get stuck in and work somewhere long enough to have a real impact. You're ambitious and not afraid of taking on more responsibility as we grow.
Let's make this happen!
We move quickly and try to keep things simple :)
- You apply
- If it seems like a good fit, we have a video call to meet each other
- If things click we schedule another call – a technical interview where we'll assess your communication skills and technical background
- You meet the founders to discuss your career and motivations in more detail (in person if it's safe to do so!)
- We make a decision quickly and let you know
Note: you must be eligible to work in the UK as we can't sponsor visas
About the team
- We're a (growing!) team of 2 co-founders, 3 product engineers, a product designer and a head of customer success
- We have a flexible work-from-home culture and offer flexible working hours — we value ownership and judge people by what they deliver, not how many hours we see each other in the office
- We're design-driven — we think outstanding design gives companies a competitive advantage so we take a lot of pride in the product we're building and listen very carefully to what our users want
- Like many companies we're all working remotely right now but during normal times we're based in a lovely co-working space in London called Second Home — it's a unique, inspiring place with many, many plants, curved walls and a lovely community of people (and showers!). We can't wait to go back :)
- We eat lunch together (again, during normal times!)
- We're pretty light-hearted and don't take ourselves very seriously (we still do this despite being remote)
- We avoid long and/or unnecessary meetings and we value asynchronous communication and uninterrupted periods of deep work to get things done
- It's easy to always focus on the problem that's around the corner despite making great progress, so we make sure to celebrate small wins!
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home culture
- Free yoga, wellness and other fitness activities
- Lunch out with the team every month
- Yearly budget for online courses and books
- Generous new starter budget to spend on your workspace
There is a fundamental shift in the UX industry towards using Design Systems to build products. Design Systems are systems of reusable UX components that allow companies to create and ship user interfaces more efficiently than ever before. All the design-driven companies have one, and we believe that in the future every company will.
But there's a problem: most companies don't have the resources to do it all themselves. This is where zeroheight comes in! We make it possible for any company in the world to have the same quality of Design System tools that companies like Facebook and Google have.