Gousto are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
With a new Spalding factory opening towards the end of this year, the Head of Operations will have overall responsibility, 24/7.
Managing a team of Production Managers, Supervisors & Team Leaders, you’ll champion continuous improvement and best practices.
You’ll analyse data to drive performance and get to the bottom of issues whilst implementing robust corrective actions with H&S being a priority.
The role is based in Spalding, where all our boxes start their journeys. Our current Spalding site holds the ops team, the logistics team, the food tech team, and even more of our customer care team.
What’s it like working at Gousto?
All of us are responsible for the success of Gousto. Our guiding values - dream, deliver and care - show our commitment to innovation, our ambition to hit goals at speed, and our deep respect for the people we work with.
Be confident in your curiosity: think big, aim high and respectfully stand up for what you believe in.
We look for effective answers that will have a real impact, take initiative to solve problems and have a healthy impatience for change.
We care about our colleagues, customers and suppliers - they are key to our success - and about where our food comes from, the quality of our ingredients and our impact on the environment.
- You have previous experience in leading a site, - ideally in a multi-site operation.
- Bonus points if you’ve built a site and team from scratch!
- Ideally you’ll come from a food background.
- You’ll have a background in introducing the right procedures & best practices.
- You’ll know how to motivate your team in the right way, building camaraderie and trust rather than a ‘carrot & stick’ approach.
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
All Gousto employees are offered a benefits package of:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - You can buy up to 5 days extra holiday!
- A holiday day added each year (up to 30 days)
- 40% Gousto discount
- Your first Gousto box FREE
- 25% Gousto discount for friends and family
- Gousto Academy training courses
- Free food & recipes from the test kitchen
- Gousto stash - hoodie, notepad, mug
For the full Gousto list of benefits just get in touch and we can share all the details!