Triptease is a disruptive force in the online travel industry. Never one to shy from big challenges, we built our reputation helping hotels stand up to the might of Online Travel Agents. Now the landscape has changed. The Covid crisis has landed hoteliers in a precarious position.
Triptease is uniquely positioned to help hotels in this, their greatest time of need. The unique industry data set we’ve been building, combined with a new set of digital marketing tools has positioned us to accelerate our impact in 2020 and beyond.
With offices in London, NYC, Barcelona and Singapore, Triptease drives over $1bn in revenue for hoteliers around the globe. As we gear up for our next stage of growth, now is an ideal time to join this fast-growth, well funded, technology business.
Triptease is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected characteristic(s) in terms of the Equality Act (2010).
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Senior Product Designer (UX/UI) to join our product-engineering team in London and lead the design of an exciting new growth opportunity for the business.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be expected to champion our customers and their guests. Working effectively from research through to delivery to create innovative solutions to their problems.
We operate in small cross-functional teams, so you'll be working closely with a squad of Engineers, Product Managers and Data Scientists in rapid, iterative development cycles. We empower and give autonomy to these squads, so you'll be expected to help forge the strategy, tactics and deliver outcomes, not features.
As a team, we also embrace honest and open discussion and we genuinely want to hear from each other because it has proven to lead to the best results. We truly value collaboration and are invested in maintaining a team that encourages everyone to contribute.
And at the end of each week we join the rest of the company to showcase what we’ve accomplished and share our pride in the work we have done with our colleagues.
So if you’re excited about designing and actually shipping functional products, if you go crazy for excellent user experience, if you're driven by owning customer and commercial outcomes, if you want your work to impact thousands of hoteliers and touch the lives of millions of guests globally, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Lead design projects across the entire lifecycle from ideation to launch, including running research sessions, sketching, user flows, wire-framing, prototyping, hi-fi designs and conducting user testing.
- Perform qualitative research both internally and externally to inform design decisions.
- Analyse data to extract insights to act on.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and the business to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Work efficiently across multiple projects and strategies
- Run usability testing sessions to validate designs.
- Championing design across the entire organisation.
- You live and breathe design, always questioning how products/processes work and thinking how they could be improved.
- You’re empathetic, placing the user at the centre of everything you do.
- You’re a structured thinker, using a scientific approach to solving problems.
- Around 5 years experience as a Product Designer; we are flexible on this, we just want the right person! Must have experience within an in-house role developing and iterating web based applications, covering both UX and UI.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your whole design process for creating great user-centered design solutions. Applications without a portfolio won’t be considered.
- Eager to learn and share knowledge, not only with the design team but also the wider business.
- Should be able to show a passion for design, often shown through formal training, whether at university, in industry or design school.
- Experience working in an agile, multidisciplinary team environment.
- You’re sociable and proactive and will want to get involved with other activities across the business. You embody our company values; one team, rocketship, obsessive learning and customer wow.
- You have a strong aptitude for research/interaction(UX) but you’re also capable in all parts of the design process from interaction design to visual design.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Proficient user of Figma or Sketch (We use Figma).
Bonus points for:
- Hospitality knowledge and experience
- Experience working with Data Scientists
Our start-up culture means everybody's contribution matters and is celebrated. We set ourselves ambitious goals and are proud of our ability to deliver those working as a tight-knit team. We’re collaborative, we learn from each other and we’re always open to new ways of approaching situations.
What we offer:
- Working with superstars. You'll be working with some of the best and brightest in the industry
- Pace. This is a high-growth business and we expect a lot from people. Fast.
- Hands-on experience. Got a great idea? You can make it happen. There’s no time to get stuck in a cubicle
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday on top of public holidays, share options and benefits (including a self-development budget, annual off-sites, MacBook etc.)