WorkClub’s mission is to create the world’s largest workspace outside of the workplace.
The days of sitting in an isolated cubicle in a sterile office from 9 to 5, with only your headphones to keep you company, are dead and gone.
With the rise of remote technology, and more employers embracing the obvious benefits of flexible working, we are finally starting to make the world our Workspace.
At Workclub, we give employees and freelancers unlimited access to productive coworking spaces and meeting rooms in stunning hotels, bars, and restaurants — all under one affordable monthly pass.
By turning otherwise empty venues into coworking spots during the day, we’re putting a stop to the loneliness crises for remote workers, and giving companies a means to get their teams out of the office and working remotely - Boosting productivity and wellbeing, and improving the way the world gets work done.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join WorkClub at an exciting stage of its journey to transform the way the world works. You will directly contribute to this rewarding area of product & software development; become a valued team member and be part of our ongoing success and get excited when using your skills to improve other people’s lives.
- Must think logically and be a self-motivated problem solver.
- Ability to work independently and to determine workload priorities
- Graduate-calibre with 1-2 years relevant commercial experience
- A passion for products, technology and very data driven
Roles & responsibilities:
- Guiding the tech team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Project & Product Backlog management using JIRA or Notion.
- Work directly with the CTO to manage and allocate tasks
- Create a technology playbook e.g. code standards, latest technologies trends, deployment process - and work closely with developers
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Manage the product throughout its lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Collect, write, manage and maintain traceability of requirements from all stakeholders across product releases using tools like Notion, Figma etc.
- Be the recognized expert in the business on the product, the market, relevant technology and the competition.
- Perform product demos to customers and develop relationships in key clients (if B2B)
- Lead the virtual product team to ensure delivery of agreed objectives
- Promote the product to sales teams through sales training sessions
- Develop and deliver training to technical sales support
- Be recognized as a leader in the business and build relations with business stakeholders
- Monitor, report and improve product performance
Ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience in a fast-growing tech environment a plus
- Keen analytical skills and a creative problem-solving approach
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Data-driven to the core with a focus on rapid experimentation.
- Experience leading teams at high-growth startups.
- Experience using tools such as Notion, JIRA, Figma, CRM e.g. Hubspot etc.
- Some experience in software development, but not essential.
- Understanding of user experience
- Databases/Cloud systems
What you will get:
- Option to work remotely, or in London
- Help shape and run a dynamic startup environment
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you.