Drover is a London-based venture capital-backed marketplace startup offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
As the Head of People and Talent, you will be responsible for the People Operations, Talent Acquisition, and Office Management functions across our four locations; London, Lisbon, Bucharest and Paris. You will be responsible for the high level strategy of these functions, and will need to lead day to day operations. The team is currently composed of a Senior People & Talent Associate (Lisbon), Office & Culture Manager (London) and a People Operations & Office Manager (Bucharest). You will have the opportunity to shape this team how you think it is best to solve the needs of the business. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the full employee lifecycle of all Droverians, from attraction and recruitment, to L&D, Reward & Benefits, and everything in between. Simply put, you will be responsible for the happiness and development of our people.
At the beginning we will need you to get stuck into everything, from holding telephone interviews to being responsible for payroll. But you will of course, need to lead on the high level elements from the start as well.
- High level company recruitment strategy and planning
- Lead on high level recruitment, and support on low level
- Design recruitment processes, tests and challenges
- Recruitment training
- Talent Partnering with managers to resource plan
- Talent attraction and employer brand
- Ownership of recruitment systems/websites (Workable, LinkedIn Corporate, Workinstartups, and more)
- Strategic business partnering model, to enable your team to strategically partner with the business to create aligned functional people plans and great employee experiences
- Change Management - essential at a fast paced ever changing start-up
- Employee relations from disciplinaries and grievances, to redundancies and terminations
- Benefits, Reward and Progression. You will need to make sure that our employees are rewarded fairly, and competitively, and that all employees can see progression opportunities, and their future at Drover.
- People systems (HiBob, Lattice, Teambay)
- Engagement and motivation
- Employee surveys and temperature checks
- Internal communications and support in cross functional working
- People compliance (Health & Safety, GDPR)
- Support the senior leadership team with high level people strategy and communications
- Manage the People and Talent team
- Build and maintain a strong high performance culture where people thrive and enjoy coming to work
- People analytics
- Owner of the People strategy budget
- +8 Years experience in a multi-faceted people role.
- Have experience in leading a people function (ideally within a fast growing business)
- Recruitment experience is a must.
- You are able to conduct all stages of a recruitment process and guide hiring managers through the process.
- HR expertise and knowledge is essential, with experience in working with multinational teams and office locations a nice to have
- You have implemented reward/benefits/progression/L&D systems/programs that have been a success.
- You will be used to change, and be able to navigate a complex ever changing environment well. You will also be able to help others navigate change, and support the business through changes it may need to take. E.g. Organizational structural change or a strategic shift in the business.
- You are able to see the needs of both the business, and its people. You can connect the dots between these and ensure that the needs of both are being addressed and fulfilled wherever possible.
- You will have a strong EQ and great understanding of people. Inherently being a “people person”.
- Experience handling difficult employee relations issues
- Experience implementing and managing people systems
- Be an inspiring business leader with a proven track record of delivering cultural change and delivering efficient people centred services and programs.
- Strong ability to build relationships quickly, with proven strong stakeholder management and influencing skills across all levels of an organisation.
- A world-class team made up of serial entrepreneurs and alumni from companies like Google, Facebook, Uber, Lyft, Deliveroo and WeWork who are eager to meet you!
- Breakfast and healthy snacks every day, free lunch on Fridays
- Generous parental leave policy for both primary and secondary caregivers
- £700 annual Drover credit after probation
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Private health insurance with Vitality
- The ability to get paid early what you’ve accrued with Wagestream
- Free phone insurance and retail, travel & cinema discounts via Perkbox
- An awesome startup office in Hoxton / Haggerston overlooking Regents Canal