Trayde is UK's first online wholesale marketplace. (https://trayde.uk/)
We are digitising the wholesale process for thousands of small businesses around the UK, helping independent brands and makers get their products on the shelves of retailers and boutiques in the UK. (think "Etsy for Wholesale").
Consumer marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy and Farfetch have flourished over the past years. However, the story is not the same within B2B - thousands of small and medium-sized brands and retailers still conduct wholesale trading through pen&paper, spreadsheets and trade shows.
We have developed a proprietary marketplace technology to tackle this problem, and have had strong reception both from retail shops as well as brands to date.
We are now looking for a strong Business Development Manager to take ownership of our business development activities across both sides of the marketplace (i.e. retailers and brands).
- Work with the founder to define acquisition strategy for both sides of the marketplace (retail buyers and brands)
- Develop prospect lists
- Reach out and acquire new retailers & brands through a variety of tactics (cold calls, email, social, trade shows, etc).
- Create required sales materials & content
- Hands on - can do both the "thinking" and the "doing" to reach the targets
- Comfortable with reaching out and pitching to prospects and leads
- Proactive attitude, energetic and driven
- Desire to join an early-stage startup and contribute to growth
- Some sales/bizdev experience in a startup environment is required
- Ideally: experience in e-commerce / marketplaces / retail
Benefits to you:
- Tons of responsibility at an early-stage startup
- Direct impact and immediate on the growth of the company
- Opportunity to shape the role around your career goals & aspirations
If this sounds exciting please send us your application - we are looking to move quickly and get going!
Note: this role is for furloughed workers / volunteers only.