MyTutor is the UK’s leading online platform for one-to-one learning, and we're on a mission to empower every pupil with the expertise they need to reach their potential. We’re building a future where access to high quality learning is stress-free for those who can afford it, and funded for those who can't.
One-to-one tuition is one of the most powerful interventions to improve pupils’ grades, confidence and life chances. Yet it remains out of reach for many. Our handpicked network of tutors work online with pupils from all walks of life, and we’ve given half a million lessons so far – raising results on average by one whole grade. We’re proud of the fact that over 500 schools have also chosen to work with us. And that we’ve earned a Trustpilot rating of 4.8/5.
We understand the hectic lives of families with teenagers, and our flexible lesson times mean parents can juggle schedules more easily. It's simple to find a tutor each child gets on with – and every lesson is tailored to their needs. And with online not only is it safe given the current environment, but families also have access to the best tutors no matter where they live or when they need help.
About the role:
We pride ourselves on the quality of our base of 15,000 tutors and the relationships they build with their tutees. Our tutors are subject experts, with recent exam experience and excellent communication skills. Due to their closeness in age to the children they quickly build rapport and act as role models as well as educators building up their confidence, motivation and engagement with learning. Just look at our Trustpilot reviews to see the incredible impact our tutors can have on not just a child’s education and grades but their mental health and school experience too.
As we scale it’s imperative that we don’t just maintain but continue to improve the quality of our tuition by recruiting and retaining a community of committed, engaged university students. And that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a marketing manager to run our entire Tutor marketing programme from acquiring new tutors right through to managing the community and building loyalty and advocacy. Working with the wider Tutor team and the marketing function this is a unique opportunity to ensure children get the most out of their education with the support of a great tutor.
What we’re looking for?
You’re an experienced, versatile marketing manager and used to managing multiple projects and marketing channels. You can stretch yourself from the micro to the macro creating the high level marketing strategy for tutor acquisition and retention whilst being hands on with the tutor community and recruitment partners. You’re a great collaborator and project manager working seamlessly with different parts of the business from schools and consumer to product and ops.
You’re empathetic, creative and can really get into the mindset of our tutors, the challenges they face in the current climate and the opportunities they have working with MyTutor. You understand the value and strategic importance they have for the business to successfully scale and the impact they can have on childrens’ education.
What you’ll do:
- Own and deliver the Tutors marketing strategy for MyTutor meeting agreed targets and KPIs for acquisition and retention against the allocated budget.
- Manage the planning, implementation and evaluation of marketing campaigns across multiple channels to generate demand and acquire new tutors including partnerships, digital and on campus campaigns.
- Optimise the acquisition funnel from initial sign up through to trained live tutors on the MyTutor platform.
- Create and deliver a rolling content plan for tutors at all stages of the MyTutor journey from initial awareness to experienced educator.
- Build out and manage the tutor referral programme
- Curate the Tutor facebook community and create a diverse panel of tutors to provide insights and recommendations to the MyTutor platform
- Manage the Tutor section of the MyTutor website ensuring optimised for all tutors regardless of the stage of their journey.
- Support the product team in Tutor insights into product development and improvements and with the rest of the marketing team on broader projects from SEO to brand ATL campaigns.
- Work closely with the Tutor team to ensure tutors are fully supported and trained offering high quality tuition.
- 3+ years of B2C marketing experience, ideally including working on student or youth campaigns.
- Ability to flex from leading the overall Tutor Marketing Strategy to being hands on in execution as and when required.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills - the ability to add that magic touch to turn a good piece of copy into something special.
- Experience in managing budgets and campaigns to a CPA.
- A strong communicator, ensuring the business has great insight into the tutor mindset
- Excellent collaborator as the role requires working across multiple teams and across our entire tutor base.
- A creative and analytical mindset with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage and motivate.
- An imaginative thinker who can conceive of new ways to tackle a problem and is driven enough to push on and bring ideas to completion.
- Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking with a passion to use data to drive growth.
- An entrepreneurial spirit. Someone who will feel a strong sense of ownership over their goals, and sustain their interest and effort towards achieving these
- Helping to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people
- A work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support
- Training and investment in your learning
- Competitive salary and share option package
- Tuesday Breakfasts, Friday drinks and regular team events & outings
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
MyTutor is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with an EDI (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) committee who host regular events to make sure we live up to those values. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered.