We created Waggel because we believe technology can make pet ownership easier and more joyful for dog and cat owners.
Our industry leading and fully-digital pet insurance product was launched in December 2018 and has been featured on TechCrunch amongst others. We've since experienced rapid month-on-month growth, resulting in plenty of 5* reviews!
Over the next year we'll be focusing on our members app, the purpose of which is to enrich the lives of our predominantly London-based millennial members and their pets through an aspirational and personalised app offering unique insight, rewards and curated experiences making it easier and more joyful to own a dog. Alongside this we'll be launching two brand new insurance products, which has prompted this hire.
Accordingly we're opening up a Project Manager role to ensure the successful delivery of these initatives.
You will predominantly be managing delivery of and championing work to optimise the performance of our products. You will work closely with the Chief Product Office & Co-Founder and extremely closely with the sprint team consisting of developers, UI designers and a UX architect. We work remotely due to the COVID situation, and once lockdown has resolved we will continue to be remote by default, however we have kept our office space with the intention of spending a day each week together to maintain our great culture and relationships.
- You understand that Tech is about fusing creativity with technology in a humanistic way and that information technology is not the same. You must have noteable experience with the former.
- Enthusiastic and proactive - Bring ideas to the table and challenge people and ideas around you.
- Confident communicator - Experience adapting communication to suit a variety of stakeholders including engineering, creative, marketing and senior management.
- Comfortable with MVP and iterative development - Pragmatism is king when you're punching above your weight in a big industry so you should be comfortable with an MVP philsophy.
- Analytical - You need to have a good head for data analysis as you will be relied upon to derive sound insight from ours.
- Design driven - You have an eye for design and compromise makes you sick.
- Process driven - Experienced, comfortable and opinionated on modern working methodologies.
- Customer centric - You will put the customer experience first at all times.
- Dog friendly - You love and are not allergic to dogs (we have several in the office).
- Translate reqiurements into briefs and features.
- Analyse, manage, iterate on and track the performance of the product and individual features.
- Plan and drive sprints to successful completion.
- Ensure collaboration across the business (both product and marketing) to ensure requirements are understood, properly estimated and prioritised.
- Coordinate our cross-functional product team.
- Ensure product and features are launched properly and on schedule.
- Engage with stakeholders to secure support for initiatives.
- Work with the CPO on setting personal development goals for individual product team members.
- 2+ years experience in a Project Manager role.
- Familiar with modern delivery methodologies including Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience meeting your own deadlines and helping others reach theirs.
- Familiar with requirements gathering and documentation techniques.
- Experience working with designers and engineers.
- Ability to zoom in to the detail and back out to the big picture frequently.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with iterative, data informed decision making.
- Team mentality - we work together, take risks together, celebrate together and stay humble together.
- Experience in a design driven culture.
- Scrum certification
- Experience working on a subscription or membership service.
- Experience working in pet.
- Experience in product leadership.
- B2C experience.
- Experience working with executive level stakeholders.