WHO WE ARE
BYP Network was created in Autumn 2016 after the harrowing videos of Sandra Bland, Philando Castile, Alton Sterling and many more dying at the hands of police brutality in America. Alongside this, the UK was struggling with highest rates of knife crime epidemic, the lack of black people in companies let alone senior positions and an inability to find positive role models outside of the entertainment industry. From this BYP Network was created to ‘change the black narrative’ by bringing the black professional global community together to solve our own problems through economic empowerment and connectivity. Following recent events, BYP is more relevant than ever and is excellently positioned to bridge the gap between the black professional community and corporations. Today we have 40,000 members on our network, launched a mobile and web platform, run offline and online events to up-skill the community, have a job board and have worked with 60+ corporate clients including Facebook, Accenture, AirBnb, Nationwide, BT etc. Our vision is to be the go-to platform for black professionals and grow the network to 500,000 members globally in the next 18 months. We are looking for other passionate and determined team members to help us get there!
One of the reasons BYP exists is to be a bridge between the community and corporations and to ensure black people are fairly represented and promoted in business. We do this by working with corporations who genuinely want to attract and retain black talent and provide them with talent attraction and employer branding services. We are looking for an account manager to ensure our corporate partners can make the most of our platform and genuinely increase the representation of black professionals in their company.
There are 2 main parts to this role; The first being general customer success and up-selling for BYP clients, and secondly shortlisting of candidates for roles that clients are hiring for. We are looking for someone to take ownership of this entire function and build processes so you can eventually hire specialist roles into the team. You therefore need to be an entrepreneurial self-starter willing to get involved in every aspect of the business and working with the Co-Founder & Head of Partnerships to build an entire business function from the ground up.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for assigned clients, ensuring they are hitting their objectives and up-selling.
- Ensuring client success on the job board. Working with the marketing team to drive traffic to roles as necessary.
- Working closely with our clients’ HR, Talent, D&I and Employer Branding teams at all levels to understand their organisations' needs and strategic interests - whilst communicating BYP’s value proposition to them.
- Understanding the business and social value that BYP Network provides to customers by documenting additional use cases as needed.
- Creating client case studies, collecting testimonials and reports and presenting internally to the team.
- Working closely across different internal functional areas to facilitate events, webinars and digital content for clients.
- Understanding the ideal candidate profile for roles that clients want to fill.
- Sourcing candidates that fit the client’s profile on the BYP platform and LinkedIn.
- Engaging with candidates and sending short-listed CVs that meet clients needs.
- Pro-actively make improvements to processes to ensure seamless and clear growth of the account management function of the business.
SKILLS & QUALITIES WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
- Entrepreneurial mindset and desire to get stuck in is a must. You will be the first account manager on the team, and this is a huge opportunity to grow the function from the ground up.
- You’ve got to have a passion for building relationships with corporations and individuals within our network.
- You are excited and crazy about the mission, and genuinely want to see stronger black representation and diversity in business.
- You’re an ideas and execution person. We don’t have all the answers, but love to see people have ideas, experiment and implement them. This is how we continue to innovate.
- Excellent organisational skills and time management abilities.
- Manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives and projects in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced environment that is constantly changing.
- At least 2 years of account management experience or equivalent.
- Experience in recruitment is a plus.
WHAT'S ON OFFER:
- Genuine (and encouraged) prospects to fast-track your career and build a team of your own
- The opportunity to work in a growing, attractive and open plan office (London Bridge).
- Bonus structure (uncapped)
- Online learning credits
- Work from home flexibility