We have a new opportunity at thortful HQ for a Software engineer to join our technology team and help us move our capabilites even further.
thortful is a creative platform supporting a community of artists, illustrators and photographers who create & sell unique, beautiful greeting cards most of which you won't find on the high street.
More than commercial experience, we are looking for truly passionate developers. If your friends call you a geek, if you spend some of your nights doing “one last thing” on your computer, get excited about new frameworks, API gateways, micro services, NoSQL databases, iOT,… we need to talk.
The core of the thortful tech stack is a Restful, stateless, micro services API. With billions of requests served, 100% uptime and daily releases, you'll have your first line of code running in no time.
Part of this role will be in the field of image composition, printing and industrial workflows. Any experience with creating edge servers for shop floors, microcontroller programming, JDF format will be a plus.
What skills are we looking for
- 3-5 year experience with Java/Spring (Bedroom coding experience counts)
- 3 years experience with RESTFul API
- Fluent with Git
- Ideally, experience with microcontrollers and industrial sensors.
What do you get out of it?
- The opportunity to develop and grow fast along with the business, and learn a whole lot along the way.
- The chance to work on a fast moving, heavily used API serving millions.
- A central London office featuring an office dog, MacBook Pro for everyone, raspberry Pis / arduinos running weird contraptions and a large supply of coffee.
- Regular office treats (doughnuts fuel our creative fire!), and freedom from stuffy dress codes and corporate attitudes!