We are on a mission to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality. To achieve that vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. Like a virtual Equinox, it will be a place where you can meet like minded people and experience a variety of the highest quality workouts, from boxing to cardio to yoga.
To date we have built the first component of this virtual gym, BoxVR, a boxing-inspired workout app which has been described as 'Guitar Hero crossed with a studio boxing workout'. It is the only VR app with workouts choreographed by professional fitness instructors and is currently one of the top selling apps on the Oculus, PlayStationVR and Steam stores.
We're a scaling startup, currently a team of 25, with big ambitions to grow across the world. We're now seeking a full-time QA Manager. As we grow our approach and strategy to QA you will lead the department, responsible for ensuring every release of FitXR products is of the highest possible quality. You will work with game designers and producers to improve user experience as well as help minimise issues in product design. As you will have a pivotal role in quality control and release management, you will need exceptional skills in project and task management, people management, planning and reporting, and extensive experience in testing games and live services.
What you’ll experience
- You will work with the CTO and Product Managers to create test plans for our applications and services
- You will work with the COO and Project Managers to align yourself and your team with delivery deadlines and internal processes
- You will monitor and update yourself with up to date information on testing requirements of all platforms that we publish our apps on including Oculus, Playstation, Steam, iOS and Android.
- You will create a robust testing and publishing process to align with our a continuously updated product and service lifecycle
- Experience of running a QA team of 5+ people
- Proven experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role
- Project Management experience and skills
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards for multiplatform applications and live service products
- Experience with releasing application on at least one of the following platforms - Oculus, Playstation or another console
- Excellent knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and other testing databases and tools
- Outstanding communication skills
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience testing VR applications
Our principles of play (Values)
- Commitment - We are joined in our mission and support and motivate each other to achieve great things.
- Independence - We’ll leave it up to you to use your own judgment and do your job the way you know best.
- Open Mindedness - We continually question the status quo
- Communication - Effective communication is crucial to our success
- Respect - We listen to and learn from each other, and recognise how our own beliefs and actions affect the wider team.
♂️ Flexible office hours (core working hours typically 10-4)
brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Health insurance
Unlimited leave policy, thats right
Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
A great team of talented individuals who love what we do