Job Title - Online growth Hacker
We are the social marketplace network called Spiela.
https://vimeo.com/224122090 – Spiela is a collaborative network empowering young people as a whole, but with a particular mission to engage those from underserved backgrounds and ensure that they have a safe and supportive space in which to engage and network with others and opportunities. Spiela facilitates networking and conversation covering a diverse range of topics including business and employment, education, faith, culture and politics. We provide a Question and answer side which gives us a more collaborative and educational aspect to what we do. We have had celebrities such as Britains first muslim astronaut astronaut Hussain Manawer, activists, authors, politicians such as Andrew Fisher, policy adviser for Jeremy Corbyn and many more speak directly with the Spiela community. We are also in partnership with Facebook london and EY foundation.
This is our main feature and really what represents Spiela; real life influencers and partners using our platform to share, motivate, engage and inspire other people. You can view some of our guests here:Www.facebook.com/spielafanpage. The main goal is to create a product that provides opportunities through collaboration whilst simultaneously providing more information on various topics for young people. We believe everyone is influential in some way so anyone is allowed to join, contribute and share their view on the platform for the world to see.
The Role: Growth hacker
Progression Opportunities: This role is perfect for someone looking to build a career in youth engagement, with a clear progression and personal development plan encompassing all strands of the department.
Overall Purpose of the job: To grow the numbers of users in our community, build a community and increase traffic to spiela.co.uk
- Users and partners– including chat and discussion board moderators. Bringing communities and users to the platform and engaging them to foster relations and grow community
Key areas of responsibility:
- Support the effective management of The spiela online communities through coordinating and moderating The spiela discussion boards, chat services, assorted user generated content and other online services as required.
- Ensure a positive culture is embedded within the community through thoughtful content planning, conflict resolution and volunteer empowerment.
- Support and empower the young people to develop skills and progress to lead within their volunteer body.
- Contribute to the high levels of participation in the development of our services.
- Support the coordination and facilitation of youth voice activities across the organisation.
- Support monitoring and evaluation across services.
- Seek out opportunities to collaborate with and learn from other online spaces.
- Collaborate with the content team to ensure cross-site pollination of content and services.
- Liaise with other departments, including helpline, counselling, marketing, fundraising and technical, on cross-charity projects.
- Keep abreast of developments in the digital world.
- Establish good relationships with peer/partner organisations relevant to our services and focus on engagement.
- Contribute to the effective integration of the community.
- Any other duties as required.
- Strong interest and passion for supporting, empowering and developing young people.
- Strong interest in using technology to support and empower young people to grow communities.
- Experience of working in online communities ideally including use of web chat tools.
- Experience of coordinating work such as projects, volunteers or services with autonomy.
- Understanding and knowledge of the attributes that ensure a quality volunteer experience.
- Excellent people skills, adaptable and flexible in manner and approach.
- Excellent organisation and administration skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative and as an active team member. Takes initiative, does not need hand holding and is determined and passionate about creating an active, engaged community.
Most importantly, Someone who can grow communities! We value good characters and have a warm culture here so somebody who works hard and plays hard!
- Experience engaging young people to shape services and/or organisational strategy
- Experience in group facilitation and training
- Experience of managing, engaging and retaining volunteers.
- Understanding of the legal issues affecting online communities.
- Experience of using photo-editing software for content creation.
- Good technical knowledge ideally including at least a basic knowledge of HTML
If you are interested send in your CV and lets talk. Equity based at the moment (100% transparency) but we are well connected and will begin monetizing very soon.