Famiio is an early-stage GovTech startup developing solutions in the childcare and family information sector. We are a small team with an aspirational mission to bring innovation and better products to local government to increase social impact and modernisation. Famiio is particularly focused on empowering 4million families in England, with further ambitions in related sectors, e.g. social prescribing, volunteering, ageing care, etc.
Famiio was recently awarded grant funding from Innovate UK to build and pilot a localgov childcare market resilience platform over the next 6 months, prior to National rollout. This is a fascinating and untapped £700m global market.
Who we're looking for
We are recruiting at least one ambitious Full Stack Developer in a senior role to join the team either near Bournemouth or remotely in the UK. If you are the successful candidate(s), you will have a key role as a Senior Developer in the startup with opportunities for advancement. You will be responsible for realising the design and build of core web applications, exploring a range of novel solutions and integrations, with significant opportunity to benefit personally at the same time as delivering social impact for up to 4million families in the UK.
You will be an experienced, skilled, full-stack developer who is comfortable with both frontend and backend programming. Consideration will be given to an individual with a preference for one or the other. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing frontend and/or backend website architecture and applications.
- Potential for leading a team of developers.
- Implementing Agile development, roadmapping and Scrum workflow.
- Prioritising user-centred design.
- Resolving challenging technical issues whilst developing responsible technology.
- Refining website specifications and delivering useful software documentation / wikis.
- Applying best-practice cyber security.
- Designing and developing (Open) APIs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Harnessing emerging technology (e.g. Machine Learning).
To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience in building web applications from scratch and in-depth knowledge in a broad technology stack from the following:
- Relevant software degree (e.g. BSc) or equivalent higher education qualification
- MySQL | MongoDB | GraphQL | Apollo | Neo4j
- HTML5 | CSS3 | Sass | Vue
- Software version control | Github
- Elasticsearch | Microservices architecture
- AWS certification | Cloud service integration and administration
- 3rd party systems and APIs: social, Google, payment gateways, etc.
You will be able to commit to a project from conception to final product, with experience in small-team startups, good organisational and interpersonal skills, creativity and attention to detail.
- Opportunity for equity options in lieu of partial salary: 3.65% to 0% (vested over 4 years).
- Potential for future role as CTO, Scrum master and/or co-founder.
- This is initially a 5-month fixed-term contract due to current funding (until end Nov 2020), with a high chance to become permanent before the end of the contract. Discussions are already underway to secure social impact investment this year.
- Looking to onboard as soon as possible.
Applications to include covering letter, CV and work portfolio link as applicable.