Ok, so what’s this all about? Well in short, we’re an early-stage tech startup company based out of Bristol & Cardiff with European presence in Amsterdam and our goal is to build the leading online platform for robotics, AI and autonomous systems. The business has just gone through a significant seed funding round which gives us an 18-month runway to disrupt the way robotics are purchased and sold in the UK and globally. We’re looking for a junior front end web developer to join our development team to play an integral role in the full release of our platform. Beyond that, the job will be focused on developing, innovating and improving our existing offering as well as adding to it.
Bot-Hive is an early-stage tech startup founded in March 2019. We’re based out of Bristol Robotics Laboratory and are opening up an office in Cardiff in line with our investor partners. Bot-Hive is an online marketplace designed to enable businesses of all sizes to find the right robot solution for their organization. We’re creating a highly scalable platform to help robot companies sell their products as well as enabling businesses of all shapes and sizes, to purchase robot solutions that they previously may not have known existed. Our ambition is to reach Series A funding in the next 18 months which will help scale the business across the rest of Europe and into the US. All new employees will play a pivotal role in helping the business achieve this goal.
Things We Look For
For any team in any organization to succeed, we believe there needs to be a unique blend of hard work, team unity and kick-ass skills. This section is all about identifying the right characteristics in you to ensure we’re the right fit for you and you are for us. Here are a number of key traits that we recognize in ourselves and therefore must recognise in you, for a match to happen and flourish:
- Love what you do. Working for an early-stage startup and working for Bot-Hive means more than a standard job to all of us. It will need to mean more than an average 9 to 5 Monday - Friday to you, for this to work out.
- Be open-minded and be willing to learn. As a team, we have a vision but the road to getting there is an unknown one. We don’t have all the answers upfront so we’re going to have to work things out as we go, so it’s important you’re able to approach your work with a truly open mind and be willing to change course as we run into different hurdles.
- Low ego. We all have egos, that’s what it makes us unique and individual. However, you must be willing to receive criticism and onboard feedback without taking it personally. A lot of people say they can do it, but when push comes to shove, they tend to get defensive and offer resistance.
- Be entrepreneurial and be curious. In each and every one of us, we are
entrepreneurs, we’re risk-takers, we’re the sort of people that like to swim upstream, not downstream. Do you consider yourself that type of person?
- Be creative, bold and disruptive. Here at Bot-Hive we’re building something that’s not been done before. This is a blank canvas so we’re looking for people that get turned on by that, not turned off. How far can you push boundaries?
The role of a front end web developer is to accelerate the rate of product development and roll-out. Our MVP has seen initial traction but this is just the very beginning of where we are going. The full version 1 release will include key features such as enhanced analytics for vendors, a clean and modern UI/UX and intuitive search and tagging. Beyond the roll-out we are developing key ad-ons such as a “Robot Builder” tool which is designed to help businesses find the right robot recommendation based on a user flow of intelligent questioning and AI matching making capabilities. As this evolves and our critical mass increases, we aim to build further enhancements combined with potential deep learning capabilities.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of corporate/startup experience in developing early stage solutions/scale-ups
- Strong SCSS/SASS knowledge
- The role will require the dev to work with Angular 7+ with NGRX
- Knowledge of Angular would be great but not a must as training will be provided
- The tech stack is Angular 7 with NGRX on the frontend
- Serverless backend built in AWS written in Node.js
- The individual will have exposure to Node.js/Serverless/AWS/Elasticsearch and will get training on using these technologies
The Interview Process
There are 3 stages to the interview process.
- Video conference call with the two co-founders. The purpose of this is to better understand you as an individual and decide whether there is a cultural fit with our existing and future company ethos.
- Technical interview with the CEO and CTO at our Bristol Robotics Laboratory office or via video conference during Corona times for a minimum of 1 hour. You will be asked to present your work and talk it through whilst carrying out technical based questioning from our CTO.
- Meet the team and spend time with us for up to half a day. The amount of time you spend with us is entirely up to you. This is your opportunity to see what it’s really like to work with us. This will conclude with a final chat. If successful, we will notify you that you have got the job which will be followed by external due diligence and reference checks.
So that’s the process from our side. That said, please feel free to add your own flavour to this. We love individuality and we love people that choose to stand out from the crowd. Anyone can say they are creative and disruptive in an interview, but very few actually prove it from the outset; So be bold, we dare you!
If you’re interested, please email your CV to Jacques.email@example.com and Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our very best to respond to all applications, but if you don’t hear back from us it’s nothing personal, just a high volume of applications and lack of resources at our end!
Thank you for your interest in our company. We wish you every success in your search for your next job.