WeGift is on a mission to build the infrastructure for the incentive economy. To define the category and power its success.
Digital incentives are a new way to create value and experiences for thousands of businesses and billions of consumers. They provide unlimited freedom, unbeatable discounts and unprecedented delight, on demand. Replacing gift cards, points, vouchers, rewards and payouts and in many cases, even cash. By combining financial capital with emotional capital, they transform basic transactions into meaningful interactions. They will become the most accessible and desirable medium of exchange in the world.
So we’re building the core infrastructure for them to be stored, shared, sent and spent. In the most simple, seamless and scalable way. By whoever, wherever and whenever. Without banks, barriers, borders or boundaries. Enabling everybody to participate in the global economy.
This is a massive undertaking, so we’re looking for people with big hearts, sharp minds, fierce drive, curious souls and true spirits. We want to get them in, create the conditions for their success, and then get out of their way.So they can build the future with us.
Come and join us on the journey.
We are looking for a talented Finance Assistant who is keen to hit the ground running and make a contribution to the success of a rapidly growing and financially complex fintech startup.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be responsible for the end to end Accounts Payable processes across all three entities
- Manage prepayments with gift card retailers to ensure customer transactions are always smooth
- Aid in month-end reconciliations
- Continuously identify, own and complete efficiency projects
- Liaise with third parties and resolve any partner queries promptly
- Help the finance and operations team with ad hoc tasks and projects
We’re looking for someone who:
- Knows how to juggle their day-to-day work as well as the curveballs working in a startup brings
- Consistently meets deadlines with high accuracy
- Is keen to actively work on projects that improve efficiency and/or automate processes and take these to completion
- Loves data and has intermediate level excel skills, including pivot tables and Vlookup
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience with Xero is a plus
- Participation in the Employee Options pool so you get to own a piece of WeGift.
- Pension scheme (3% contribution)
- Staff perks with WeGift brands - discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Flexible hours and work from home when needed - yes, yes everyone says this but we do.
- A minimum of 25 days holiday + bank holidays (we’re not too prescriptive about holidays so if you need more time off then just ask).
- WeRecognise, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every month who in turn get a £200 award in the eGift card of their choice.
- Personal development budget - well actually there is no budget as we don’t believe in putting a cap on learning new things.
- Generous maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your new bundle of joy.
- Cycle to work scheme - save some £££ on buying a bike
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.