Finance Assistant, Remote with ability to commute to London/Cambridge
Dataswift is the technology infrastructure company powering Data Economy 2.0 – the ethical data economy. Using our products, individuals, enterprises, and developers give, take and use personal data responsibly. Individuals get full ownership and control of their data. Developers and organisations get the APIs and tools they need to build scalable, data-rich applications with privacy and compliance built-in.
We are looking for a talented Finance Assistant Manager who is keen to hit the ground running and make a contribution to the success of a rapidly growing startup. The candidate should have an adaptable mindset to be a key facilitator of the growth plans Dataswift has. You will work with the the Finance team and the rest of the business to evolve the vision for Finance and deliver a best-in-class finance team.
This is a great opportunity for a smart, motivated person to turbocharge their career. We are a non-hierarchical environment - if you want to make something happen, the floor is yours.
- Managing the day to day processing of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payables
- Monitor bank transactions and manage payments, ensuring that expenditures are controlled according to financial policies.
- Manage cloud accounting software including troubleshooting monthly bank statements that are not automatically imported.
- Carrying out bank reconciliations
- Maintain accounting records for all invoices, expenses, payments and transactions.
- Journal preparation and posting
- Managing the staff expense claims system (using BreatheHR) and corporate credit cards
- Manage the Procurement function (using ApprovalMax) as well as completing approved purchases.
- Provide administrative support to aid the daily business operations
- Liaising with customers and suppliers regarding payment queries
- Working with other departments and members of staff regarding finance department queries
You will definitely need:
- You have previous experience in finance, preferably working with SMEs or startups
- Familiar with IFRS. Familiarity with US GAAP is a plus.
- An affinity to a high growth environment.
- To be self-sufficient and to enjoy working autonomously with little direction.
- High attention to detail and great communication skills, written and verbal.
- Comfortable facing ambiguity and approaching undefined challenges.
- Digitally native skills - you pick up on how to use different digital tools very quickly and already know how to use a number of them.
- To be currently enrolled in a professional examination/stage of a reputable chartered accountant organization.
Desirable if you have:
- Experience using Xero, BreatheHR, Asana, Slack, ApprovalMax
- Experience working in a startup
You’ll benefit from:
*Here’s our recruitment process: *
- Step 1: Send us your CV and if you have the skills we’re looking for, we’ll set up a phone interview with the Finance and Admin Manager
- Step 2: If you are successful you will have a second interview with the VP of Finance.
- Step 3: If you are successful after the second interview, you will have a half hour video interview with our Founder, Professor Irene Ng.
Dataswift Culture & Values
We believe in the diversity of our team and we don’t judge based on gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, history, culture, geography, nationality or your secret aversion to coriander. If you feel you don’t match every single specification, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options further.