Data Governance, Risk and Compliance Consultant, Remote, Full time
Salary: 50,000 - 60,000, options available
Dataswift is the technology infrastructure company powering Data Economy 2.0 – the ethical data economy. Using our products, individuals, enterprises, and developers give, take and use personal data responsibly. Individuals get full ownership and control of their data. Developers and organisations get the APIs and tools they need to build scalable, data-rich applications with privacy and compliance built-in.
This is an opportunity to join at the start of an exciting and challenging journey and play a key role in defining best-practices and approach to execute on the platform governance plan. The primary purpose of the role is to enhance and protect organisational value by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of internal controls and governance processes through a combination of assurance reviews, consulting and taking full ownership of operational compliance and internal controls and governance processes in place.
Dataswift governance and policy practice division also help companies integrate and use personal data accounts. The candidate will be part of our new Governance and Policy Practice Team. Our practice takes customers on a journey to leverage personal data as an enterprise asset while preserving the rights and privacy of their customers. Our aim is to enable our clients optimise their data architecture for the use of personal data appropriately. Engagements range from short term assessments, larger roadmap development exercises to end to end implementations. We also assist our clients with their Data Protection Impact Assessment and Privacy Impact Assessments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead Governance and Compliance work to ensure the work is integrated
- Act as Marketing and product operations, compliance responsible
- Work with various teams to ensure and define relevant strategies, policies and procedures to ensure above. Develop best in class and creative data governance compliance business processes that can scale up. Work together with owners of risk areas to develop and maintain an effective risk control environment, with necessary systems and processes to manage and report operational risk and compliance on data
- Support internal business units to ensure compliance with personal data regulations, FCA, HIPAA and other compliance requirements. Hands-on support to all Operational teams in the development and implementation of regulatory changes
- Help manage and facilitate the delivery of improved risk and compliance management for data
- You will act as a sparring partner and counterpart to overall group compliance from an operational point of view
- Assist with developing guidelines, interpretations and operational advice on a possible day to day activities impacting on the company’s risk and compliance, systems and processes
- Contribute to the wider Compliance and Risk strategy through constructive and proactive involvement in the development and implementation of new technology, policies and procedures
- Work with various internal teams to improve operational compliance, operational flows, identifying customers at risk and understanding the impact of customer interactions; to help drive tools, best practices and process improvements that affect best in class approaches and following regulatory guidance
- Ensure delivery of relevant operational compliance training to all employees
- Study business processes to minimise duplication and improve efficiency
Risk and Compliance
- Provision of proactive support as an advisor to the first line teams in executing their risk and compliance responsibilities
- Contribute and assist with the management of the key operational risks identified above, as required
- Promote awareness and assist in embedding an improved risk and compliance culture throughout the business
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to address new or emerging risks
- Conduct risk assessments within the company to ensure that risks have been identified and ensure internal controls and risk management practices are effective and in line with relative policy and framework
- Provide oversight to improve consistency and quality in general practices
You will definitely need:
- Technical experience and knowledge in Master Data Management and Data Quality.
- Functional familiarity with one or more key master entity/domain such as Individuals (Consumer, HCP, Patient, Employee…), Organisations (Customer/Client, Supplier…), Product, Locations, Assets etc. and the challenges typically involved in implementing MDM for that entity/domain.
- Experience with Data Architecture and Data Integration.
- Experience with Data Quality tools to profile, cleanse, standardise and enrich data
- Familiarity with Data Stewardship activities
- Familiarity with Governance operating models
- Experience with Data Catalogue, Data Dictionary
- You know what it needs to be in a leading position for responsible handling of data as well as how to set a strategy and ensure its execution
- You know all details of FCA, HIPAA and other data regulations and how it affects business and can turn this into followable actions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to turn complex concepts and business questions into actionable recommendations
- Ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and a pragmatic approach to governance and change
- Problem-solving skills and ability to effectively prioritise
- An approach that champions collaboration and consultation
- Strong teamwork, co-ordination and planning skills
- Strong understanding of compliance with the ability to apply compliance knowledge to real-life situations
In your first 6 months, you will work on:
- Operationalising risks for applications going live on our platform, setting up data governance practices within the company and then enabling these practices for clients
You’ll benefit from:
Dataswift Culture & Values
We believe in the diversity of our team, and we don’t judge based on gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, history, culture, geography, nationality or your secret aversion to coriander. If you feel you don’t match every single specification, reach out to us at email@example.com to discuss your options further.