Do you want to join a startup in the early stages? Do you want to work with a passionate, humble, fun and hard-working team? Do you want to get your hands dirty and have the opportunity to create your own path? Are you comfortable that your job today will look completely different from your job in 6 months’ time because we are a startup and things are moving fast? Can you leave your ego at the (virtual) door but bring in your curious mind?
If so then we might be just the right place for you!
We are looking for primarily a front end web developer with a keen eye for design and a knack for building beautiful and highly usable web experiences. More than that, we want our whole customer-facing estate to look and feel amazing, so you’ll have the chance to work on any and all of that too! From informative transactional and enticing campaign emails to friendly and useful inspirational and educational content. Then there’s our digital assets and offline print and media that need love and attention too. There’s no limit to what you could achieve and where your career could take you!
- Ownership of the full spectrum of our front end and customer-facing estate, from our e-commerce platform website, to transactional and campaign emails, and other digital assets.
- Initially a one woman/man band looking after production, design (with some oversight) and delivery of the consumer-facing website, our partner-facing activities, marketing channels etc.
- Collaborating and partnering with our brand and design team to implement and develop our house style.
- A chance to broaden your skill set across our whole customer-facing estate, and to deepen in any or all of these areas!
Key skills required
- A proactive approach to problem solving, you love figuring out how to get something done and you are always thinking about how to improve the solution
- Pragmatism is your middle name: you have a good nose for figuring out when perfection is a must vs. when done is better than perfect
- A good understanding of the principles of e-commerce and online marketing is preferred, including broad knowledge of web and retail metrics
- Preferably a working understanding of Web analysis tools such as Google Analytics etc.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with a diverse range of cross functional teams across development & IT, product development, business development, marketing and finance