Tassomai has established itself as an edtech tool able to transform teaching and learning across the United Kingdom and beyond. Its essential power is to be able to identify where students need more support and direct them (along with their teachers and parents) to practice and resources that can help.
We have an established brand and reputation as an evidenced, impactful learning tool. Next year we will focus on retaining a loyal customer base in our best-using schools and build on our reputation as we reach a bigger audience of subscribing parents and families.
We will work to demonstrate those aspects of Tassomai that separate us from the alternatives: personalisation, evidence of impact, expertise in the exam system, quality of pedagogy and content and more. We will develop our resources and services in order to offer value to customers, reflecting what makes Tassomai special and marking us out as true education innovators.
What’s the Challenge?
Joining our small but dedicated team means you will have a large part to play in the success of our mission to help ‘level the playing field’ for students in secondary education.
By ensuring our customers are up and running as soon as possible after subscribing, you are integral to our customers’ experience of Tassomai, making sure they get off on the right foot and feel supported by us.
Being the first point of contact for most of our subscribers, you will often be the voice of Tassomai and be responsible for the first impressions our subscribers have of who we are and how we operate.
We are interested in our employees developing and growing with us and see this role as having scope for development.
Duties and Tasks
- Customer support via email and phone for schools and private subscribers
- Proactive admin for schools and private subscribers
- Proactive customer success for schools and private subscribers as appropriate
- Work with marketing to support private subscriber and school retention and acquisition
- Keeping our tracking systems (Google Sheets & Insightly) up-to-date and contribute to CRM maintenance
- Attending tradeshows and other relevant events
- Ensuring smooth running of the Customer Support arm - working with Sales, Customer Success and Finance to ensure good communication.
- Feeding back to Product Manager and Engineers, creating bug tickets for QA
- Helping to improve Customer Support processes.
- Being the Customer Support representative internally, making our subscribers’ voices heard within the company
- Managing temporary contractors at times of high volume of setups/traffic
- Once established in this role, there will be room to grow and develop. We will support this as much as we can and work to identify projects of interest within our scope.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent manner with customers in all contexts (phone, email, face to face)
- Good at multitasking, context-switching, and balancing reactive and proactive work
- Proficient in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Precise and good attention to detail, with excellent written English
- Experience of B2B, B2C, and SaaS customer support is a bonus
Working at Tassomai
Our working environment is supportive, collaborative and dynamic.
Our culture is one of openness and respect for each other as individuals, the skills each of us brings to our roles and the whole person behind those skills.
As an employer, we at Tassomai are committed to creating a workplace that is a positive environment and welcoming for everybody.
We are committed to actively promoting equality for people from every ethnic background or nationality, any gender, anyone who is LGBTQIA+, anyone with a disability, those with or without religious beliefs, people who are neurodivergent and those of any age.
We work in an accessible building, have an operational flexible working policy and are happy to discuss how we might address any needs or any concerns you have before you apply. We will always begin by listening.
The salary for this role is £25-28k per annum depending on experience. We offer 22 days per year holiday + bank holidays and a day off for your birthday.
We are currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but this role will be based in our office in Bethnal Green when circumstances allow.
How to Apply
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter to Natalie Williams by the 7th of July. In the covering letter, we would like you to address the following questions.
- What is it about Tassomai that makes you want to work with us?
- What skills do you see as most important to being a Customer Support Manager and how would you develop those skills?
- If you had £500 to spend on personal development, what would you use it for?