Efficient and scalable data engineering is the backbone of Pirical. Our unique, award-winning people analytics product, Pirical Insight, is a growing suite of products built on cutting edge graph database technology. This role involves using innovative technology to derive knowledge and value from raw data, and help us generate the most impactful insights which drive change.
We welcome candidates to this role who are at the start of their career in data, as well as those looking to move into this technical specialism.
We generally work in a hybrid from our London office and remotely. We are interested to hear from anyone who can be located within 2 hours of the capital to meet up once or twice a month.
- You enjoy working with data, and understand the value it can bring if effectively handled and transformed.
- You have a good eye for detail and feel satisfied when things are tidy and organised.
- You are a team-player and want to work in a great team to achieve results of high standards.
- You are passionate about improving processes and delivering good service to others.
- You preferably have experience with Python, Pandas and SQL.
What you will do:
- Transform client data into knowledge to be ingested into our knowledge graph.
- Prepare and derive knowledge from the graph into cube format for analysis.
- Identify and solve data quality issues throughout data transformation processes.
- Design and build pipelines to automate data transformation processes.
- Interact with clients to collect the right data and to gain in-depth understanding of what the data represents.
Technologies we use include:
- Graph databases
- Semantic web standards
- Ontologies and knowledge representation
- Various machine learning libraries
- AWS services
- Be empowered even as a junior member of the team.
- Be part of a rapidly growing, financially stable, well-run start-up. Pirical is still wholly owned by its founders.
- Work with other ambitious, talented people in a diverse and close-knit team.
- Pioneer a new industry, one that has huge potential to drastically change the employer-employee relationship.
- Receive strong support from the team - we invest in our people and we take it seriously.