Who are we?
A Tech City Ventures company, Nitrous is a London-based startup that builds solutions that help address challenges faced in cities. Working collaboratively with industry, government and other startups, we believe that existing data, technologies and expertise can be combined to build socially responsible ventures.
We believe that our model of co-creation will affect the next wave of innovation in our cities, creating a collaborative environment between government and industry, cities and their inhabitants.
We’re looking for a budding and enthusiastic marketing & events executive to grow the profile of our new and existing projects, including our involvement in one of the most advanced co-creation spaces in Europe.
You will be working directly with the marketing manager to promote the brands of both Nitrous and the innovation space through social media, writing compelling content, helping to organise and promote events and generally assisting in all marketing tasks.
It’s a role that encompasses events management, marketing and creativity, so we’re looking for someone who will bring heaps of passion to the table, willing to get their hands stuck in and always coming up with new ideas.
What you’ll be doing?
- Helping with social media content creation and community management
- Assisting with newsletter design and marketing [building an engaged virtual community]
- Create thought-provoking content pieces [themed around urban innovation]
- Work with the Marketing Manager in all relevant digital marketing tasks
- Working to update various websites, including SEO tasks
- Working with the team to plan monthly events [identifying themes, determining the scope and assisting with logistics]
- Helping create content for each event [helping to source high-quality speakers, marketing the event to increase attendees and brand awareness]
- Working with the on-site logistics team to ensure that events run seamlessly [project management expertise would be useful here]
Who are you?
- Professional: You personify high standards, with a collaborative, get-stuck-in attitude.
- Organisation and planning: You plan, organise schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. You focus on key priorities.
- Attention to detail: You don’t let important details slip through the cracks. You accurately identify what constitutes important details.
- Intelligence: You learn quickly. You demonstrate an ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
What you’ll bring along?
- Content marketing: You are a writing-whizz, with experience planning and delivering compelling content online.
- Digital marketing: You’ve worked with social media, including Twitter & LinkedIn and are familiar with SEO and online engagement.
- Event management: Experience or interest in running high-quality events with leaders from the public and private sectors.
- Interest in urban innovation: You have an active interest in innovation, smart cities and transport of the future.
- Passionate about technology and startups: You have your finger on the pulse of the next big technology trend. Helping innovators grow their ideas excites you.
What will you get?
- Experience engaging and working with innovation leaders in both the private and public sector.
- Sharpen and develop your skills in digital marketing and events.
- Belong to a collaborative, supportive, open and social team.
- Opportunity for great progression in a fast-growth startup.
- Monthly socials and regular get-togethers.
- Working in an incredible, world-class innovation space in the heart of Old Street.
- Generous annual leave.
- Budget towards your personal and professional self-development.
Get in touch if you think this opportunity is of interest! Just a reminder that unfortunately only applicants who have the right to work in the UK can be considered.