We’re Bloom & Wild, the UK’s most loved online florist. We’re using technology to reimagine the experience of buying and receiving flowers, connecting people more thoughtfully to make sending flowers a joy to send and a delight to receive. In doing so we're aiming to become Europe’s most loved flower brand. We’ve raised over £20million in venture capital funding and were recently named as the second-fastest growing tech company in the UK by Deloitte. One of the Tech Nation “Future Fifty” alumni, we’re now the fastest growing online flower company in Europe.
Our business has, so far, been in the fortunate position to be able to continue trading and growing during this time of economic uncertainty. You can read more about what we’re doing during COVID-19 here.
We’re looking for a Business Strategy Manager to join our team. Reporting to our VP Business Development you’ll help in the identification, analysis, strategy development and ownership of new growth areas.
This is a role where you can bring your previous experience, quickly implement ideas and have rapid impact on the success of our business expansion. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s looking to join a fast-growth, data-driven business and who genuinely cares about creating the best customer experience.
- Research opportunities for Bloom & Wild to accelerate growth into new countries, new products and new service lines, through a combination of market/competitive research and customer profiling
- Assess and prioritise size and feasibility of potential expansion opportunities through building and owning a robust prioritisation framework
- Design in-depth business cases alongside key business stakeholders
- Lead the trial of potential new activities, establishing criteria for success and iterating our approach rapidly to test against our criteria
- Potentially take P&L ownership of one or more prioritised new activities as we seek to scale it commercially
- 2-4 years experience, preferably at a consulting or banking firm. A high-growth startup or another type of entrepreneurial experience would be needed ideally
- Strong analytical skills - a data-driven decision maker who is comfortable analysing data and deriving insights in Excel, through detailed model-building in particular
- Attention to detail - you sweat the details and take care in your work so that you deliver to a consistently excellent standard
- Customer empathy - you put customers first, seek to understand what works for them and champion them in your decision making
- Proactive - you take responsibility to get things done and are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in yourself whenever needed
- Innovative - you enjoy figuring out new tech, testing, learning and trying new things
- Driven - you are enthusiastic, passionate and keen to deliver results that impact the business
- Positive attitude - you’re excited about problem solving with others in a fun and dynamic team
- Independent - you’re resourceful and show initiative in your work
Currently our full team is working from home and adapting quickly to being totally remote. In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Regular virtual yoga classes with more virtual exercise variety to come!
- Celebrating birthdays with letterbox cake
- Weekly ‘team drinks trolleys’ and updates from our senior team
- Remote lunch and learns
- Supporting our wellbeing through online support sessions and employee assistance program
- New slack channels and ways of communicating including wellbeing channels
- Specialist online support to talk about the challenges we are facing in the current environment
When we’re in the office
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum
- You can buy up to an additional 5 days leave per year
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
We apply our five key values (delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride) in our day to day activities and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
Before you start you’ll be able to choose whatever laptop you need, a widescreen monitor to plug into and whatever other tools you need.
You can see more on what it's like to work at Bloom & Wild here.