Job Title: QA Supervisor
Contract: Fixed Term Maternity Cover (Potential to turn permanent)
Gousto are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
What’s it like working at Gousto?
All of us are responsible for the success of Gousto. Our guiding values - dream, deliver and care - show our commitment to innovation, our ambition to hit goals at speed, and our deep respect for the people we work with.
Be confident in your curiosity: think big, aim high and respectfully stand up for what you believe in.
We look for effective answers that will have a real impact, take initiative to solve problems and have a healthy impatience for change.
We care about our colleagues, customers and suppliers - they are key to our success - and about where our food comes from, the quality of our ingredients and our impact on the environment.
Where we’re based:
Sprawled over the fields of Spalding is the Gousto warehouse, where all our boxes start their journeys. Our Spalding site holds the ops team, the logistics team, the food tech team, and even more of our customer care team.
Shepherd’s Bush, London
Hidden away behind Shepherd’s Bush Green you’ll find Gousto HQ. Our London office holds the tech team, finance team, people team, marketing team, food team, proposition team, and customer care team... and we’re growing all the time.
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
What you’ll do
- Plan and co-ordinate the work of the QA team to meet requirements of the business by ensuring that all scheduled and ad hock tasks are completed correctly and in the timely manner; ensure QA team are kept up to date with all communication as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate resource available by supporting QA Manager in managing QA Team rota, holidays and recruitment
- Support, motivate and inspire QA team to achieve personal development and continuous improvement. Carry out regular QA one to one meetings and scheduled reviews
- Manage QA activities to deliver improvement of technical KPI’s, using support and guidance from QA Manager
- Participate and direct QA team to observe and audit production processes and GMP standards, ensuring high quality raw materials are used for the customer boxes and the customer boxes are packed as per agreed systems, reporting findings to managers as appropriate.
- Assist in delivery of site standards for the GMP audits and visits either through direct input, indirect support and / or organisation of QA team activities
- Co-ordinate non-conformance findings including actions taken and report to relevant department Managers / Supervisors ensuring completion of any required corrective actions within agreed timescales. Challenge recurring issues, find and recommend permanent solutions (with support of the QA Manager)
- Ensure clearance and cleardown are correctly carried out by production, support with those processes and ensure all done effectively
- Work pro-actively with production teams to understand that “visit” standard needs to be maintained each day and owned by the production team; support the promotion of a quality culture
- Help to develop the Quality Management System, by supporting the Technical System with creating new and up-dating existing procedures and documents
- Co-ordinate QA requirements for new raw materials, including shelf life reviews, transit trails and defrost trials (if required)
- Ensure that the QA Team operates in a safe working manner and support the business on continuous improvement relating to health and safety and the environment
- Supervise the Pick Line Quality Controllers, making sure the job is being completed thoroughly, issues are resolved, evolving information capture, and generally driving replenishment and picking performance and OTIF improvement.
Skills & Experience required
- Previous experience gained within a similar role
- Auditing experience.
- Working knowledge of HACCP, BRC and GMP
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A confident and forward thinking team player.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexibility and problem solving.
- Ambitious and looking to progress in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of computer literacy – in particular, Email, Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work cross functionally, working in a collaborative way to drive improvement.
At Gousto we are constantly looking to evolve our benefits for our people. Employees at Gousto are the key ingredient to our success and growth!
Our offices are ergonomically tested for comfort, noise levels and ensuring we have different spaces to collaborate in. Not to mention daily coffee, tea, fruit and ice creams (vegan options too!).
All Gousto employees are offered a benefits package of:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) - You can buy up to 5 days extra holiday!
- A holiday day added each year (up to 30 days)
- 40% Gousto discount
- Your first Gousto box FREE
- 25% Gousto discount for friends and family
- Gousto Academy training courses
- Gousto stash - hoodie, notepad, flask
For the full Gousto list of benefits just get in touch and we can share all the details!