Job in a nutshell:
We are in the process of expanding our core platform team to build out our award-winning web and investment management platform.
This project will maintain Nutmeg’s ability to be a leader in the FinTech sector when it comes to the way we build technology. We want Engineers who are as excited as we are about being in a team that pushes boundaries and continues to be the rule breaker of the FinTech sector.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for looking after the heart of what makes Nutmeg the company it is. You’ll be heavily involved with all our technical infrastructure, from designing, monitoring and metrics through to building infrastructure and CI/CD tools. The team are also leading the migration to Kubernetes, and you will have a big part in helping this transition away from Mesos/Marathon.
Our team run a cutting-edge AWS-based environment and want to stay at the forefront of technical innovation. We need people who are passionate about technology, who understand that testing and quality is the responsibility of the entire tech team and are equipped to take the lead and display their super powers by writing brilliant code and simply getting stuff done at a fast pace.
We believe in autonomy and giving people the opportunity to come up with new ideas to help us drive the business forward. We feel that the best engineers (and the ones we want to work with) are self-starters and who can work well as part of a larger team and who can build enthusiasm and empower the team with their ideas, making sure their goals work for everyone (not just focusing on current or short-term goals).
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience of building and managing continual automation / deployment / delivery environments.
- Experience running infrastructure on cloud platforms, appreciation for their failure modes, and a good understanding of network concepts and fundamentals.
- Excellent systems and database experience, with an understanding of the challenges involved in designing and building distributed/microservice environments.
- Strong coding skills.
- Security focused – understanding of best practices and implementation.
- Somebody who has a passion for modern scalable technology like AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Kafka, Prometheus, Terraform, Docker, Kong, Linkerd, and Mesos.
- A willingness to learn new things and experiment with new technologies.
- A passion for metrics and data-driven decision making.
- 25 days’ holiday
- Birthday day off
- 2 days’ paid community leave
- Daily delivery of fresh fruit and artisanal coffee
- Cycle storage and showers onsite
- Choice of hardware
- Generous pension plan
- Private healthcare from day 1
- Season ticket loans
- Competitive salary
- Access to coaching platform & regular knowledge sharing
- Part of a diverse and inclusive Nutmeg team