UK schools spend well over £2 bn per year on covering short term absences with supply teachers. The current model is exclusively reliant on agencies that charge a massive commission and are terribly inefficient (everything is paper and phone-call based). We are consolidating this analogue, fragmented, and inefficient marketplace onto a digital platform. Think Uber for supply teachers. In the process we'll pull hundreds of millions of waste out of the education system and have a huge positive impact on teachers and schools.
We are well-funded by high-profile investors, have had significant early traction, and are led by start-up veterans behind two of London's most prominent tech companies.
Looking to make a difference?
This is your chance to join a tech startup on the ground floor. As an early employee you will play a significant role in the development of the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning.
What you would be doing?
• Ensure the smooth daily operations of the business including maintaining daily liquidity of candidates available for cover as well as ensuring fulfilment of any short-term bookings requests
• Deliver on key team metrics like how quickly teachers are available for work and how quickly they are sent out for their first day of work
• Conduct assessment and onboarding of candidates
• Increase the volume of talented candidates and ensure a good experience for them by matching their skills to schools’ requirements
• Work collaboratively with the sales and the technology team to continuously improve efficiency in delivering value to schools and candidates.
• Get your hands dirty. Like any true start-up, no two weeks will be the same and a general interest in ‘mucking in’ and just getting the job done is crucial
Our ideal candidate
• Top performer that wants to be part of a high-performing, motivated team
• Proven track record of excellence
• Growth mindset – dedicated to growing your skills as a professional
• Passion for companies that have a positive social impact and the education sector
• Strong bias to action
• Experience and/or strong knowledge of the education sector is a plus.
What's in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• Ownership in the company
• 25 days holiday
• Convenient Central London office
• Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference