Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. We are using technology and data science to build the world’s leading and most loved flower company. We’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct to consumer flower company, are growing at 100% year on year and are in a strong position financially (and have been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the Covid-19 crisis).
We’ve raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
Business Intelligence at Bloom & Wild
Our team at Bloom & Wild is now over 100 people. The Business intelligence team works with across all countries supporting Growth, Retention, and Business Development.
The Business Intelligence team is responsible for evaluating all of our website, app, sales and marketing data. Our ethos as a Business Intelligence team is to distil data into simple and meaningful insights and to ensure stakeholders have the best self-serve tools to make rapid decisions.
We’re looking for an Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence you’ll support our Business Development squad as they launch new products and expand into new markets.
This is a new role and a great opportunity for someone who’s excited by the idea of working for a fast growth, data-driven business, who’s got some exciting challenges to solve!
Please note that only applicants with hands-on SQL experience will be considered.
You will work closely with the Business Development team to size and prioritise work to ensure we deliver the most impactful and timely insights.
- You will work closely with our Product team, helping to establish analytical frameworks and measurement plans for any AB tests launched
- You will interrogate our existing internal data to draw out any required insight for new opportunities or markets.
- You will identify any gaps in our existing data and develop means to fill these.
- You will proactively spot the opportunities to create automated tooling to reduce the need for repeated tasks
- This role is fast paced, so it will be important that you will be able to identify quick wins and make trade-offs while maintaining analytical best practice
- You will provide robust and easy to understand recommendations from your analysis that can be explained to technical and non-technical colleagues
- You have strong communication skills and be a team player. You will use these skills to develop strong relationships throughout the business
- You will be action-orientated and ensure that recommendations feed the long-term roadmap
- Have at least 2-3 years of hands on day-to-day SQL experience and would consider yourself as intermediate/advanced level
- 2-3 years experience in a high-growth start-up or e-commerce
- Web analytics experience
- Proven track record (and examples) of creating actionable insight and recommendations which have driven business impact
- Track record of working independently to shape analytical problems and define testing methodologies
- Experience using data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker or Periscope
- Previous experience of automating reporting and simple tasks
- Excel - Advanced level
Nice to haves
- Previous experience working with product teams including measuring A/B tests
- Python/R experience
- Understanding of statistical principles (Optimisation, regression, predictive modelling, machine learning)
Currently our full team is working from home and has adapted very well to being totally remote. In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Regular virtual yoga classes with more virtual exercise variety to come!
- Celebrating birthdays with letterbox cake
- Weekly ‘team drinks trolleys’ and updates from our founder
- Remote lunch and learns
- Supporting our wellbeing through online support sessions and employee assistance program
- New slack channels and ways of communicating including wellbeing channels
- Specialist online support to talk about the challenges we are facing in the current environment
Return to work and our ‘new normal’
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern during this period and our return to our beautiful, flower filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so.
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to work in our office, this period has proven that our team can embrace remote work extremely successfully and our plan moving forward is to find ways of continuing to incorporate remote work into our ways of working.
When we’re in the office:
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
We apply our five key values (delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride) in our day to day activities and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
See more on what it's like to work at Bloom & Wild here.
Our Recruitment Process
The interview process consists of a thirty minute phone call with Mairead, our Head of Business Intelligence. Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 then this will be followed by a series of remote interviews with our VP of Business Development, our CEO and Senior Business Development Manager. As part of this process you will complete a SQL test and also present back a short analytics task.
We care about creating a diverse and inclusive team. So we welcome people from all different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our office, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.