Conception X Digital Marketing Lead
Conception X is a venture builder that creates deep tech start-ups from the UK’s leading research labs and PhD programmes.
In our model, the university is the incubator, and we empower students to explore entrepreneurship as a viable and exciting career choice, in tandem with their degree. Our students have access to leading university resources, and fantastic networks of mentors and investors who join them early on their journey. We’re de-risking very exciting technologies which have enormous potential to change the world for the better.
Conception X initially launched in University College London Faculty of Engineering, supported by Barclays Eagle Labs.
Digital Marketing Lead
We are looking for someone excellent at content marketing and production.
Your role is to create and manage digital content for Conception X, and produce high-impact online campaigns. You work across multiple audiences and stakeholder groups including PhD students, corporate partners, and programme stakeholders and mentors.
You’ll need to be able to adapt digital marketing collateral for key pieces of print media throughout the year to support our events, such as investor meets and demo days
You are comfortable with digital production tools and marketing analytics programmes, and understand how to create crisp, clean content. You know how to automate lead generation and understand content production and distribution processes.
80% of this role is content creation, management, and production. You are comfortable managing external specialists like photographers, PR agencies, web developers, and video producers. You are organised, and can not only follow deadlines but create timing plans that keep projects on track by managing internal and external stakeholders to deliver marketing materials on time.
20% of the role is digital storytelling and high-quality journalism. This is the opportunity to use storytelling to drive brand engagement. This part of the role is relatively unstructured and represents an opportunity for a motivated and creative person to embrace new ideas, channels, and ways of working. This is where you can help to grow the brand and let your creativity and network skills flourish.
You will support the Conception X product marketing and work closely with a Conception X product representative.
Digital marketing campaigns (30%)
- Email campaigns (e.g. newsletters and targeting communications)
- Social media campaigns
- Post blog content
- Photography / video production
Collateral production (30%)
- Marketing / sales presentations
- Internal reports
- Event collateral
Website and database management (20%)
- Capture leads from external campaigns
- Build / manage marketing databases within respect of all relevant legislation (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
Build Conception X and Cohort teams brands / media presence (20%)
- Unstructured opportunity to build Conception X brand
- Use journalism / storytelling to drive engagement
- Demonstrated interest in technology, start-ups, and entrepreneurship
- Experience developing content for digital communications channels, including websites, email campaigns, and social media
- Experience in digital marketing tools, Google AdWords and Analytics, mail programmes such as MailChimp, WordPress and blogging platforms.
- Experience in social media tools including Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- Experience in website creation and management a plus.
- you are confident in adapting pre-existing content templates by changing copy or calls to action within Illustator, Photoshop, and InDesign files
- Great understanding of content and how to translate content across various channels and for different audiences
- Support CEO and COO for their presentations
- Be the point of contact and liaison for content and press relations
- Lead on media production and content generation
- Manage media external producers/subcontractors, including graphic designers, photographers, web developers, and video producers
- Undergraduate degree in related field, or 3 years of digital marketing production experience preferred
About Conception X
- We have a creative and high-performance culture here, and crucially value impact over anything else
- We believe giving our team the freedom to innovate is key to the success of the business
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status
Culture and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- 27 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Private health insurance
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role. In your cover letter, please address the following points:
- How would you solve the challenge of addressing different audiences with different requirements through one communication channel (i.e. website, twitter?)
- What channels would you use to target phd students with engaging content?
- What would you do differently about Cx’s current website and twitter presence?
Please include your portfolio / previous work / campaign examples along with the application.
Applications without a cover letter and portfolio will not be considered.
15 August 2020