Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. We are using technology and data science to build the world’s leading and most loved flower company. We’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s largest direct to consumer flower company, are growing at 100% year on year and are in a strong position financially (and have been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the Covid-19 crisis).
We’ve raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020.
Range at Bloom & Wild
Our team at Bloom & Wild is now over 100 people. The Range and Merchandising team is one of four sub-teams under the umbrella of Operations, all of whom work together to centrally manage the operations of each of our markets.
The Range and Merchandising team are responsible for the development and execution of the range of physical products across the site in the UK and internationally. What began as a three tiered weekly subscription offering now spans a gifting-focussed range of both letterbox and Hand Tied flowers, plants, addons, seasonal gifts and more. Our ethos as a Range team is to embody all of our brand values, by curating a range of innovative, affordable and high quality bouquets and other products that represent our unique and distinctive style of design, that our customers will be proud to gift and love to receive.
As a fast moving, data driven business, the Range team works closely with other teams across the whole company to support our decision making. We gather insight with the help of the Business Intelligence and Customer Research and Insight teams; brief the Brand and Creative teams to develop the concept; work with Finance on the unit economics and then collaborate with Supply and Quality on execution.
The role & ways of working
As the originators of the Letterbox Flowers concept, innovation has always been one of our core values at Bloom & Wild. This is a great opportunity for someone with a proven track record of developing exciting and successful new products to join one of the country’s most innovative and fastest growing startups, and help us to continue to remain at the forefront of eCommerce gifting, both in the UK and beyond.
- Reporting to our Head of Range, you’ll help to develop innovative new products - some related to plants and flowers but also in other adjacent categories - from ideation to launch as we continue to expand and diversify our product range both in the UK and internationally
- You’ll be responsible for using various data sources available to you (trend reports, customer insight, sales data, competitor activity) and well as collaborating with creative minds across the business to generate ideas for new product launches or collections, presenting these to relevant stakeholders
- With support from other teams across the business, you’ll take the lead on gathering research and insight, understanding supply chain, identifying success criteria and delivering profitability in your end products
- You’ll establish a staged innovation funnel so that once you’ve captured the broad range of ideas from across the business you can effectively and transparently prioritise, develop and refine these
- Working closely with our Brand & Creative team, you’ll develop concepts that ensure that the finished product embodies the Bloom & Wild aesthetic
- Once the concept has been signed off, you’ll own the project management of the launch from sampling through to going live on site
- Using a number of different data sources, you’ll analyse the success of launches to recommend whether they transition into becoming part of our core offering. If the product doesn’t achieve the success criteria outlined, you’ll iterate or delist accordingly.
- You will bring energy and positivity to the role, looking for every opportunity to learn and craft the role around our values: care, pride, customer first, innovation and delight.
- 2-4 years experience of product development, preferably in a fast-growth startup environment, with a proven track record of bringing innovative products to market, from conceptualisation through to product launch.
- Strategic - you understand the aims of the business and your recommendations will be designed to help us achieve these
- Willingness to try - you won’t be afraid to make bold decisions and try new things, and if they don’t work out as you had hoped, you won’t be defeated
- Attention to detail - you sweat the details and take care in your work so that you deliver to a consistently excellent standard
- Customer empathy - you put customers first, seek to understand what works for them and champion them in your decision making to develop products they love
- Proactive - you take responsibility to get things done and are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in yourself whenever needed
- Driven - you are enthusiastic, passionate and keen to deliver results that impact the business
- Positive attitude - you’re excited about problem solving with others in a fun and dynamic team
- Independent - you’re resourceful and show initiative in your work
- No previous knowledge of flowers is required
Currently our full team is working from home and adapting quickly to being totally remote. In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Regular virtual yoga classes with more virtual exercise variety to come!
- Celebrating birthdays with letterbox cake
- Weekly ‘team drinks trolleys’ and updates from our senior team
- Remote lunch and learns
- Supporting our wellbeing through online support sessions and employee assistance program
- New slack channels and ways of communicating including wellbeing channels
- Specialist online support to talk about the challenges we are facing in the current environment
When we’re in the office
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
We apply our five key values (delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride) in our day to day activities and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
See more on what it's like to work at Bloom & Wild here.
Our recruitment process
The interview process consists of an initial thirty minute phone call with Olivia, our Head of Range. We’ll then ask you to complete a short task in your own time before presenting back to Olivia, our Range Manager Amy and a member of the Brand team. This will be followed by a brief call with our COO Phill, and a more casual chat with other team members for you to find out more about our company culture.
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely.
We really care about creating a diverse team. So we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our office, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.