Shape our vision, join our co-founding team, and change the future of education with us.
Looking for a dynamic CMO, who can communicate and shape our vision to increase participation and uptake.
Doxa: Grow Beyond
We have over a hundred tutors on our platform and our founding team has thousands of hours of tutoring experience
- We develop our student’s knowledge and thinking skills by stretching them beyond the traditional curriculum.
- We identify their true passions and interests
- We build pathways centered around these to develop their intellectual capabilities
- We match them with teams of highly qualified & inspirational Mentors
On average, our students are three times more likely to receive an offer from their university of choice
- We enable our students continued development by aiding them with university applications
- We aid with all aspects of the application, including tests and interview
- We go beyond, providing students with counseling and guidance
- We have a particular specialism in applications to Oxbridge
Our revenues have tripled over the last 3 months, with our client base growing substantially
- We work with both private clients and other tutoring agencies
- We have students who only utilise our services, who we manage and guide
- We also work with large tutoring agencies based in China, providing programs to complement their existing services
- We wish to expand this base and the marketing partner will be key to doing so
Our CTO is developing a separate innovative resource technology platform
- We are currently building an MVP utilising the resources & data we’ve accumulated from our tutors & clients
- We are in the early stages of the platform, currently developing the MVP and conducting customer discovery
- We will utilise it to stretch our student’s intellectual capabilities beyond the traditional curriculum, focused around resource engagement
- We need a marketing partner to help develop our core messaging
Role: CMO & Partner
The “Partner” part of the title is particularly important for us. We want an individual who will go beyond the confines of a job, to help shape our vision – this will be their company too. Functions will include (but not be confined to):
- Marketing for B2B & B2C
- Digital marketing
- Social media management
- Product development
Depending on the direction of the company, the role could include attendance of key education conferences, trips abroad (including China, Vietnam, Dubai & Malaysia) for client recruitment, pitching at investment events. In addition, this would include a product management role, helping us shape our core offering and working closely with our CTO.
At the moment this role would be in return for equity – amount dependent on previous experience and measured performance. In the longer term, it would involve a salary. We are interested in both part-time and full-time applications.
Person Specification: Passion & Experience
We don’t have a specific person in mind – we’re excited to hear from people with different experiences and backgrounds. On our diverse 3-person co-founding team, we have multiple ethnicities, personality types, age ranges, and educational backgrounds.
What we do want is:
- Interest in education
- We truly believe we are what our students grow beyond. We do what we do because we love watching our students develop
- Marketing background
- We need someone to shout our product from every rooftop. We need someone who can spot opportunities and seize them without hesitation
- We need someone who can handle instability and change. No day is the same and every day involves something new; persistence is key when joining a start-up venture
Nice to haves:
- Connections with schools & tutoring agencies
- Experience with Oxbridge applicants
- Experience teaching
- Start-up experience
- Formal marketing experience
- Demonstratable revenue growth
- Product development experience
- Pitching experience
- EdTech experience
If this sounds like the role for you, please get in touch with both a CV and covering letter. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us an email. We look forward to hearing from you!